What's new

New T-Mobile Ad Mocks iPhone 4 and AT&T

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmfXupi9cg]YouTube - T-Mobile myTouch 4G "Piggyback"[/ame]​

T-Mobile has been poking sticks at Apple again, using an advert for its myTouch 4G smartphone to make fun of the iPhone’s exclusivity deal with AT&T. Network World reports that the ad actually uses the premise of Apple’s own “I’m a Mac” ad campaign, featuring a woman who says that she’s a “myTouch 4G”. Next to her we see a man struggling to carry another man on his back. As you might have guessed, the struggling man is an iPhone 4, and he’s carrying the AT&T network on his back!

The myTouch woman says that she can offer video chatting almost anywhere via T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network, and the ad goes on to make the point that the iPhone 4’s Facetime is dependent on Wi-Fi, due to AT&T still only running on 3G. It’s all a bit of a laugh, but you can’t help but wonder if Apple really does feel like it’s saddled with AT&T. We shall soon find out, if that rumoured Verizon deal actually happens.

Source: Network World

But yet if you go by the correct 4G terminology nobody has 4G yet. Just faster 3G. It's all in the marketing...

Verizon is running on CDMA still so to think that they have 4G is out of the question. There running on a netrwork that ATT hasnt used since 2004, Verizon is just a gimmick there network is not ready to carry any iPhone!

I was waiting for the T-mobile CEO to pop out at the end. " and I approve this message" Lol!!! Politics. 

Verizon is running on CDMA still so to think that they have 4G is out of the question. There running on a netrwork that ATT hasnt used since 2004, Verizon is just a gimmick there network is not ready to carry any iPhone!

Well, after rolling on the floor for 10 minutes laughing at this statement, I finally realized that you probably just confused CDMA with TDMA. CDMA is the network that Sprint and Verizon use which traditionally had faster data speeds than GSM. AT&T never had CDMA to begin with. Verizon is more than ready for an iphone.

Yes, so are the customers that are tired of the android phones. Like me!!! They did to get one ASAP!!! LOL

This was supposed to be funny?

If so, it wasn't. Not in the slightest.

It might be true, but the marketing pull is boring and just... Meh.

Someone call Don Draper.