What's new

New phone time

Marie86

Reaction score
After having the iPhone 6s from it being released over 3 years back it’s now time for a change. Honestly it’s mainly cos the battery is running down so fast and this morning it went off when battery was 20% which I’ve had happen before which I got sorted free as I hadn’t had phone long. Now I would need to pay and likely need to go without phone for few days it’s time for new phone instead.

Trouble is which one? It’s between the x, Xs, or Xr I think. Which one is best price wise and for what they do? I read the xr is newest and cheapest but why is it cheapest, what does it lack from the others?

Just a few differences:
The XR has an LCD screen, while the XS has an OLED screen. The XS is made of glass and stainless steel, the XR is made of glass and aluminum. The cameras of the devices have 12 MP. The XR has one camera, the XS has a telephoto and a wide-angle camera.
They have quite a few features in common, such as the front camera, e.g., ...

For more information, see here:
iPhone - Compare Models

If there’s an Apple Store near you, get there and take a look at the devices, see which size you prefer, try using them. Deciding which one to buy is certainly easier when you see them in real life.

And the X is no longer on sale by Apple. Only the XS, XR, and XS Max

No Apple store near me but there is a Carphone Warehouse and curry’s which have phones on display so going to go in to have a look at them. I think the x is still in Carphone Warehouse. Am I right thinking all phones have Live Photo’s? I know the xr doesn’t have 3D Touch but I don’t use it much anyway. Live Photo’s are main thing I’m bothered over.

No Apple store near me but there is a Carphone Warehouse and curry’s which have phones on display so going to go in to have a look at them. I think the x is still in Carphone Warehouse. Am I right thinking all phones have Live Photo’s? I know the xr doesn’t have 3D Touch but I don’t use it much anyway. Live Photo’s are main thing I’m bothered over.
The iPhone XR has Haptic Touch which works much the same as 3D Touch. It is activated by a long press on the screen. It can access the same features as 3D Touch does, including Live Photos.

And yes, live photo will be an option on whichever X variant you purchase.

From what I’ve read the xr is £250 cheaper and the only thing it’s not got is dual camera and maybe not as much zoom and 3D Touch which it sounds the haptic Touch is as good. So is there anything the Xs has that makes it worth paying the extra £250 for?