What's new

applelvr

Reaction score
HI I am NEW!

I have a question since the iphone 4 uses a micro sim, if jail broken I still cant use iphone 4 with Tmobile because of the different sim correct?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum! I reckon you could use the iPhone 4 jail broken on t-mobile because I think that would be the point, for other carriers to use when jail broken! Although, I'm not really sure because of the new sim.. Perhaps someone can come up with a better answer to your question.

Sorry :p.

what does it being jailbroken have to do with it? if its unlocked to any network then yes if its locked to one network and you need an unlock which is not available yet ?.. but having a jailbroken phone means the hard drive is wrightable. it makes no difference what sim its using and wont restric the phone to any sims

i believe they are asking about jailbroken and the fact that iPhone 4 using micor sim card, and Tmo does not have the micor sim card yet, so i believe everyone is correct that if jailbroken you can use on any carrier, but the lack of sim card (micro) presents the problem.

neither does my carrier home yet it works just fine after cut down... jbing has nothing to do with that side of things.. maybe hes thinking of unlock

neither does my carrier home yet it works just fine after cut down... jbing has nothing to do with that side of things.. maybe hes thinking of unlock

Thanks for all of your responses.

I was referring to the actual sim card that att provides vs the regular t mobile sim card. SO if jailbroken/unlocked and also a cut down of the sim card the phone card be used on tmobile? I was afraid that the size of the sim card slot on the new iphone 4 would hinder me from being able to use it on tmo.
Sorry for the confusion.

Welcome to the forum applelvr. I'm not quite sure and will have to done some searching. I haven't seen any other reports of someone using the iPhone 4 on T-Mobile.

Welcome to the forum applelvr. I'm not quite sure and will have to done some searching. I haven't seen any other reports of someone using the iPhone 4 on T-Mobile.

Thanks Dan!
I even called T-Mobile and they have said that they can adjust the settings to the phone so it can be used on their network. My only concern is the sim card. Paliometoxo commented that a t mobile sim card can be down and used so maybe I will try that.

Last edited:
Cool, please let us know if it works for you! It would make a great article for the front page news!

The iPhone can only be used on T-Mobile as a 2g phone. T-Mobiles's 3g frequency is different than AT&T and the European frequencies for 3g. This cannot be adjusted.
Alex

The iPhone can only be used on T-Mobile as a 2g phone. T-Mobiles's 3g frequency is different than AT&T and the European frequencies for 3g. This cannot be adjusted.
Alex

Alex,
The iphone 3g and 3gs can be used on T mobile and they are on the same frequency as Att. I have the 3gs unlocked and its on Tmobile's 3g network.

Alex

Alex,
The iphone 3g and 3gs can be used on T mobile and they are on the same frequency as Att. I have the 3gs unlocked and its on Tmobile's 3g network.

I currently use an iPhone 3G on the t-mobile network using EDGE instead of 3G internet. I think Alex might be talking about the internet, not really sure though.

2g voice is different than 3g voice as well. 2g voice is GSM but 3g voice is CDMA. This is the reason these phones work in Japan. Japan's 3g is standardized to Europe but Japan's 2g is a different system. You probably wouldn't notice it but in theory the 3g voice is better.
Alex

T-Mobile USA uses 1700 MHz for 3g and AT&T USA uses 1900 and 850. So it is not possible to use T-Mobile on 3g on an iPhone in the US. In Europe they have to use the standard 2100MHz so the iPhone will work with any carrier in Europe. If T-Mobile deploys 2100 MHz in the US the iPhone should work.
Alex