New member

Nozzleman 216

New Member
Hello all! I am a new member here but I have had my iPhone since the 4s was released. I have to say that I am so happy and impressed with my phone. I am coming from android and while it was fun to "play" with, the iPhone just works and works well. Oh and the battery lasts me all day :)

I first bought a MacBook as I have always wanted a Mac and I was about to go through my 2nd pc laptop in about 5 years. I will admit I had always been somewhat of an Apple "hater" up until the Macbook. I guess I never understood the TRUE meaning to why all the craze (it wasn't just a cult LOL)

So now there are 5 Apple products in my house in less than a year. I bought my kids iPods for Christmas and I just bought my wife her iPhone a month ago.

I am here to try to learn some more about the phone and to research cases (ugh) It seems there is no perfect case is there? As a firefighter, I need something to protect against drops mostly, although it has been in my pocket on a few emergencies.

So HI and thanks to everyone who has contributed!
 
Thanks for the words, nozzle.... You're obviously and Apple fan, and I don't blame you...... except why do Apple products (other than the subsidized iPhone) cost SO much!!!
 
Nozzleman I was a FF/Medic for 16 years, and was a big fan of the Otterbox Defender Series. BUT, I'm sure you (like I did) have a fear of killing your phone by way of water. I'm gonna have to second what Quicksilver said on the Lifeproof case. They do cost a bit more than the Otterbox Defender ($49.99 for case & holster), and the Lifeproof ($79.99 for case & $29.99 for holster). The Lifeproof case is WATERPROOF and the Otterbox isn't, and there is a considerable size difference. I think you'd be happier with the Lifeproof. I bought a Lifeproof case & holster last night at Best Buy. That's just from one FF to another. Check out these links and you can decide for yourself :

Otterbox :
iPhone 4 Cases & Covers | OtterBox.com

Lifeproof:
iPhone 4 case, iPhone Case, Waterproof iPhone Case, Protective Case | LifeProof

Good luck in your selection !!!!
 
Last edited:
Thanks! Well I was using my phone naked for awhile and besides a few scratches thats the way I liked it. But I am a realist and know I will drop it etc.... I ordered my wife and I the Otterbox Commuter yesterday. I don't think it will quite fit the bill I need, but should suit her very well. I hate bulky cases so the defender was on my not so short list and I figured for 20 bucks I would try this Commuter.

Iphonz4.......Another guy here at work has the LifeProof and he said he really likes it. I like the form factor of it and the protection......I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE SCREEN PROTECTOR! Now I know it has to be that way because of water proof etc......but you have to press on it do anything and that was annoying as hell to me. I mean I just briefly played with the phone and it was very noticeable. I have read this elsewhere of this case too as I was wondering if he did something wrong.
 
Iphonz4.......Another guy here at work has the LifeProof and he said he really likes it. I like the form factor of it and the protection......I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE SCREEN PROTECTOR! Now I know it has to be that way because of water proof etc......but you have to press on it do anything and that was annoying as hell to me. I mean I just briefly played with the phone and it was very noticeable. I have read this elsewhere of this case too as I was wondering if he did something wrong.

I'm guessing as far as the screen protector goes you must be talking about it being kinda "springy" to the touch? If so I felt the same way you did at first but after a couple hours you get used to it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top