What's new

New member, with questions

mosbysjedi

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a android user at the moment and was thinking about switching to an iPhone, I'm not trying to flame bait, I had a question that I couldn't find looking anywhere else so I thought I'd ask some iPhone users

Does your iPhone ever crash to homepage or restart itself? If so how many times a day/week/month? My Droid usually crashes and restarts on me at least 2 or 3 times a day and it's starting to get tiring

mosbysjedi said:
Hey everyone, I'm a android user at the moment and was thinking about switching to an iPhone, I'm not trying to flame bait, I had a question that I couldn't find looking anywhere else so I thought I'd ask some iPhone users

Does your iPhone ever crash to homepage or restart itself? If so how many times a day/week/month? My Droid usually crashes and restarts on me at least 2 or 3 times a day and it's starting to get tiring

Welcome to the forum. To answer your question the only crashes I have EVER had were with non compatible tweaks or apps from Cydia on my then jailbroken iPhone. It wasnt daily it wasn't weekly or monthly. On iOS 4 or the iOS 5 gm I haven't had one problem with apps itself. iPhone users don't experience that restart or lag issues android has.

G'day and welcome to the forum,my iPhone4 has never crashed or played up with anything technical.

I had a driod it would crash/restart all the time with my iphone 4 in 6 months it has never done this IT JUST WORKS!!!

Welcome to the forum! I was off my rocker & went the Android route after having the iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4. Tried 3 different Android phones & they all drove me crazy with the stupid crashes and restarts. So, i am now back to my iPhone 4 and couldn't be happier. No crashes & restarts. Never had that problem with any of my iPhones. They just work & work really well. I will not stray again!

I have an iPhone 3GS and mine has never crashed on me. I am a total iPhone lover! I just pre-ordered my iPhone 4S today AND I already have my Red Carbon Fiber wrap which I ordered from SlickWraps.com. Can't wait to get my phone, put the wrap on, and start using it!

Another question, I'm all about customizing my desktop, app drawer, general interface, and all that on my droid, can I do that on an iPhone that isn't jailbroken? Or does it have to be jailbroken? Or can I not customize everything? Also who makes good cases, and are iPhones broken easily if dropped?

If you don't jailbreak your iPhone the possibility for it to crash once in a year is very thin, and if it comes to happen then it will be a specific app crashing, not the phone it self which means that the apps is not good and need to receive an update. With a stock iPhone, I don't see what you can load in it to make the system it self to start crashing. So to answer your question according to my perso experience, I used to have crash on my iPhone when the system is jailbreak, and it was related to not compatible themes, apps, tweaks. I've never ever experience crash of any way possible on my phone when I'm on a stock iOS. I use a stock iOS for about 6 months and then jailbreak, now again I'm back on stock iOS.

Another question, I'm all about customizing my desktop, app drawer, general interface, and all that on my droid, can I do that on an iPhone that isn't jailbroken? Or does it have to be jailbroken? Or can I not customize everything? Also who makes good cases, and are iPhones broken easily if dropped?

1- no you can not customize an themes on an stock iPhone, you need to jailbreak it in order to customize it, with a bad theme install on your iPhone from Cydia chances are that your iPhone will crash.
2- case to protect your battery are many out side there, personally I'm using "juice pack plus" which has the capability to double my iPhone 4 battery life and at the same time fully protect my iPhone from any eventual fall.