What's new

New kid on the block

nofear18

Reaction score
Hey Guys, new to these forums and looking to get info. I'm with Sprint so thats why I'm a little late to the party. Had an Epic, no problems. Upgraded to Epic Touch. Really like the phone, but had reception issues. I've been thinking of going Iphone 4S. I know everyone loves their phone and I know I'll get all kinds of rave reviews, but to be honest, I've been using android for a while and I just don't know about a new os. I know everything should be fine, just a little aprehensive sorry. Any thoughts ( please be gentle) would be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the forums!

Well I can understand being a little apprehensive about switching OS's.
Good news is iOS is very user friendly OS. It only took me 2 days to learn how to use it entirely! I've played around with android, but personally I just like iOS better. It's easy to use and very very reliable.

The battery is excellent on these devices. I go with 6 hours of usage and 12 hours standby. If I don't use it much I can go three days without a charge (that's only happened once, I'm always on my iPhone lol).

I've never had issues with the OS crashing either. So there's some more brownie points for iOS.

The good people at Apple have always been great to me as well. I had an issue with my LED light leaking through the screen, and they didn't ask any questions, they just gave me a brand new device (they were out of refurbs).

The only thing I didn't like about iOS was the lack of customizing. Well I discovered jailbreaking and that eliminated that quirk. You can theme and tweak almost anything on the phone once you jailbreak.

If you do decide to go with iOS. Here's some threads on iPhone tips and tricks.

iPhone tips

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/iphone-tips-20552/

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/iphone-tips-tricks-8543/

Well that's the main reasons I like iOS vs Android. Hope this helps! :)

G'day & welcome to the forum!!!! :)

I guess my biggest concern is probably not with the phone per se as with Sprint. With it being new to their network. Also, if there were problems, If I had to, would I have a problem dealing with Apple?

Ok,I have a dilema, I live in the DC area and I'm looking for the BEST carrier. I have Sprint and sometimes its real slow and a weak signal. I have a few days to switch carriers and I'm leaning to Verizon. Any Ideas?

nofear18 said:
Ok,I have a dilema, I live in the DC area and I'm looking for the BEST carrier. I have Sprint and sometimes its real slow and a weak signal. I have a few days to switch carriers and I'm leaning to Verizon. Any Ideas?

Well if you're near Montgomery county you should be good with Sprint. I lived in Silver Spring and had both tmobile and Sprint with no issues. No problems with either. I don't know how AT&T service is but you can always check with the AT&T store at gallery place. If youre looking for good service I would go with Verizon but if you want a unlimited plan I'd stay with sprint.

After a close investigation I decide to go with Verizon, my main desicion was for signal reception in my house and work place compared with other carriers, I really didn't care how much will be, I relay on reception, thats my thing. Probably the signal of another carrier could be better for you but not in my area.

Ok I live in Manassas and work in Bethesda. Download goes slow at both locations. Signal strength goes down to 1 bar at work and3 at home. I had a lot of reception issues at work with past phone ( epic touch). Before I re up I need to go with the best service as this is my home phone as well

nofear18 said:
Ok I live in Manassas and work in Bethesda. Download goes slow at both locations. Signal strength goes down to 1 bar at work and3 at home. I had a lot of reception issues at work with past phone ( epic touch). Before I re up I need to go with the best service as this is my home phone as well

Yeah. Go for Verizon then. If you doesn't hold good reception you have 14 days to return it but remember you will have to pay for the usage

Ok got an iphone 4s on the Verizon network. Still have the Sprint one. What would be the best ( a proper) way to test them side by side to compare the results.