What's new

New iPhone 7 user

exploder

Reaction score
Recently my wife and I purchased a new iPhon7 and an iPhone 7 Plus. We had both been using Android phones prior to this but my Wife's LG V10 just failed and my Galaxy Amp was just a cheap piece of junk.

My Wife uses her phone more than her computer so reliability is very important to her. We both drive 50 miles to work too, so a working cell phone is important in case of emergency. The Galaxy Amp I was using had terrible volume and to hear anybody I was always setting it to speaker and pressing extra volume.

I did some research on what happened to my Wife's LG V10 and found the failure was common with many of their phones! Needless to say I will never buy another LG phone ever again. That V10 cost a small fortune and it maybe lasted six months...

Knowing how popular the iPhone is me and my Wife started researching them and decided that was the direction we wanted to take. We bought the new phones from Best Buy, their salesman treated us better than any cell phone company ever has! Not only did we purchase the phones but we received a $200.00 Best Buy gift certificate! Phone accessories were 25% off that day too!

We each got Otter Box cases to protect our new investment and insurance on our phones locally just in case. There was a slight learning curve going to iOS 10 but it wasn't difficult by any means. So far I love iOS 1o, it's very stable and trouble free so far.

With the high cost of cell phones today it really makes more sense to spend the few extra dollars on a quality phone. When I was calling friends and family to give them my new phone number my daughter told me that she just bought an iPhone 7 Plus, she also was very happy with her choice.

A friend at work also had high praise for the iPHone. He said that he had tried several Android phones and was not happy at all. My friend is an older guy in his 60s and I valued his opinion because there were things about Android that I was not happy with either.

Sorry for writing a book! I am just very happy though that me and my Wife decided to look at the iPhone rather than go with another Android phone again.

Welcome and congrats! I'm sure you'll love them. I've had both android and apple devices and to be honest I can't see myself going back to an android device.
If you have any questions you can't find answers to by all means post them, some very knowledge people on here. And if you just want to share your interests check out "photos with the 7 and 7plus" or "random photo of the day"
Again welcome!

I hope you are enjoying your iPhone! I have used both android and apple. Every now and again I get an itch to try a new android phone but always seem to come back to apple because it just works!

I hope you are enjoying your iPhone! I have used both android and apple. Every now and again I get an itch to try a new android phone but always seem to come back to apple because it just works!

Androids home screens look more interesting but I wouldn't want to live with one. Apple keep everything too simple and trouble free to switch.