What's new

New Hearing Aids

ardchoille

Reaction score
I picked up my new Phonak Q50 UP hearing aids on April 25, 2014. I spent two hours in a programming and Q&A session with my audiologist. The last hearing aids I owned, 16 years ago, weren't digital and they were huge and heavy. These new aids are much smaller and lighter - I could easily forget that I'm wearing them were it not for the fact that I can hear my own voice.

I know I need to give these new hearing aids a fair trial, but I had forgotten how noisy the world is.

Attachments

• $2014-hearing-aids.jpg
    $2014-hearing-aids.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 505
I am looking at this option as I have severe high frequency deafness in both ears.... Problem is they cost $10,000 to $14,000 a pair in Australia.........

I am looking at this option as I have severe high frequency deafness in both ears.... Problem is they cost $10,000 to $14,000 a pair in Australia.........

Jinkies! That's a bit much, mine were $3,600 for the pair. Would medical insurance cover some of that cost?

That is including get 10% tax Medibank private Australia covers $1200 total. Keep in mind theses are the latest iPhone compatible hearing aids and sell from $7000 US dollars to $10,000 a pair. Our tax system also provides a rebate as well so yes the price comes down ..

That is including get 10% tax Medibank private Australia covers $1200 total. Keep in mind theses are the latest iPhone compatible hearing aids and sell from $7000 US dollars to $10,000 a pair. Our tax system also provides a rebate as well so yes the price comes down ..

Well, they sound quite worth it. Those sound like the next level up from mine (top-of-the-line for Phonak). I had the chance to go with the top level HA's but declined due to price. I hope you're able to get those.

Sorry this is the one I am talking about. ReSound LiNX Made for Apple product Amazing quality

Hey, "Made for iPhone".. I need to look into these. Thanks!