What's new

New guy needs iPhone 4 help!!!!!!!

ljisinthehouse

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the forum and just curious on if anyone can help me with a couple problems on my phone
First of all everytime I make a call I'm always accidentally putting people on hold or mute or turning the speaker on or even ending the call bc my proximity sensor is broken I think. Also my bottom speakers where I play music only one works. And when I call people I can barely hear them talk. Any websites and or parts to fix it? It's an iPhone 4 16gb I got it last may.

ifixit.com is the best place for parts.

Buy the tool kit too and make sure you have a anti-static charge wrist band with gator clip to help ensure u don't send a static shock to the phones parts.

And be careful of the attenna wires they are tiny, ifixit has videos.

Hello I'm new to the forum and just curious on if anyone can help me with a couple problems on my phone
First of all everytime I make a call I'm always accidentally putting people on hold or mute or turning the speaker on or even ending the call bc my proximity sensor is broken I think. Also my bottom speakers where I play music only one works. And when I call people I can barely hear them talk. Any websites and or parts to fix it? It's an iPhone 4 16gb I got it last may.
For the proximity sensor, you can investigate into finding out how to fix it if you are sure that it's really defective, try hard resetting the iPhone a couple of time see if that makes any difference with the proximity sensor or not. As for the bottom speaker, it's fine, iPhone has only one speaker at the bottom, the second one is a Mic and NOT A DEFECTIVE SPEAKER.

Sounds like there might be plastic or something covering the proximity sensor & the speaker, do you have a screen protector on?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yeah but I just got it I did it before the screen protector and it didn't work either. And my phone isn't loud at all compared to my sisters phone