What's new

New Find My Phone App

yokoboji

Reaction score
Mac Life is reporting that Apple is launching a new Find My Phone app and MobleMe updates.

so find my phone and mobile me you can locate and whipe your phone like they did with the gizmodo one right? definatly worth it if you lose your phone a lot

would have been more than happy to provide a link at the time, but I was not at my 3 post minimum.

The App is now available in the the App Store. It is free, but requires a MobileMe subscription.

I have Mobile Me and it is cool how it can locate your phone. I also have the updated version which I like a lot. But I have a dumb question for you. What good is a Find my Phone app on a phone, if you lose the phone? hmmm, or does the app does other things too? I will have to check it out.

I have Mobile Me and it is cool how it can locate your phone. I also have the updated version which I like a lot. But I have a dumb question for you. What good is a Find my Phone app on a phone, if you lose the phone? hmmm, or does the app does other things too? I will have to check it out.

I found my own answer from the link provided above. Here is a quote that basically answers the question “If you lose your iPhone or iPad while on the go, simply install this free app on any other iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to find it,” the App Store description reads. “Sign in with your member name and password (MobileMe subscription required) to locate your missing device on a map and have it display a message or play a sound. You can even remotely lock the device to protect your privacy, or wipe it to permanently delete all of your data if you think that it won't be returned.”

Nice feature for sure.

lol, I was wondering the same thing :) Thanks for posting the answer!

but if you lose it, it tells you exactly where it is? like turn left and your at the phone?lolol