What's new

New Features in iOS7 Shown Off in new iPhone 5C ad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score

The big news today is that Apple officially launched iOS7 and made it available for download. We found a really cool video which shows off some of the most prominent features of Apple's new iOS7. It's using the iPhone 5C and is a great example of what you can expect to see if you buy a new iDevice, or if you download iOS7 for your current device.

Apple is calling the ad, “Designed Together.” It is meant to express the purposeful and seamless connection between the new iPhone 5c and its colorful new operating system. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat new icons, some worthwhile updates but unfortunately apple is still playing catchup to the latest android offerings and still no widgets!!!

Seems to have slowed down my 5 just a bit, going to check the battery life, I have a feeling its going to be less because of the extra processor load. Will see!

I haven't noticed any slowing with my iPhone5 ... but.. Just updated my iPhone 5 to IOS 7 an cannot close apps that were open... I
double tap the button and when the open apps show, I tap and hold the app I want
to close and it shades, but no minus sign or wiggle..... any ideas???

I haven't noticed any slowing with my iPhone5 ... but.. Just updated my iPhone 5 to IOS 7 an cannot close apps that were open... I double tap the button and when the open apps show, I tap and hold the app I want to close and it shades, but no minus sign or wiggle..... any ideas???

Just downloaded IOS 7, not sure yet??? But, unable to find the search function, anybody know???

Is there a way to change the color of the app folders? Khaki is hideous.

Thanks!!!!! at first I was trying to wipe the ICON.. did not work... then I swiped the Page and it worked!!!! thanks again...

Neat new icons, some worthwhile updates but unfortunately apple is still playing catchup to the latest android offerings and still no widgets!!! Seems to have slowed down my 5 just a bit, going to check the battery life, I have a feeling its going to be less because of the extra processor load. Will see!
Totally agree. Apple really needs to step up their game if they expect to compete with Android.

Totally agree. Apple really needs to step up their game if they expect to compete with Android.

Yup! Spent all morning downgrading back to IOS 6.1.3 Wasn't impressed with 7, and the performance was back to its zippy usual self.

As far as I am concerned Apple can keep iOS7.

Yup! Spent all morning downgrading back to IOS 6.1.3 Wasn't impressed with 7, and the performance was back to its zippy usual self. As far as I am concerned Apple can keep iOS7.
How do I downgrade back to 6.1.3 ?

Yup! Spent all morning downgrading back to IOS 6.1.3 Wasn't impressed with 7, and the performance was back to its zippy usual self.

As far as I am concerned Apple can keep iOS7.

Just got my AT&T iPhone 5 for three months. Looks like I don't really the new features of ios7 just yet. Read about extra drains on battery. Think I'll wait until I'm forced to upgrade.

How do I downgrade back to 6.1.3 ?

Here is the link to the procedure: Buyer?s remorse? Here?s how to go back to iOS 6 while you still can (Update: Loophole closed) | 9to5Mac

Basically, you download 6.1.3, rename the zip to a shwl file,

Plug your iphone into itunes, select the iphone tab, hit the shift key while clicking on restore

You will be asked for the location of the .shwl file, enter it.

your iphone will be reloaded with 6.1.3, once your done reload a past backup, good to go.

Don't wait to long before you decide you want to go back, Apple is removing the loophole that allows you to downgrade!!!

Those considering upgrading to iOS7 be forwarned, you may not be able to go back within a few days and you will be stuck living with it.