What's new

new conversion from android

Gitter

Reaction score
just dropping by to say hi. This is my first iphone (4s). Coming from a long line of droids. Still figured out the apple os. What made me convert was the huge difference in battery life. Anyway...hi guys.

Gitter

just dropping by to say hi. This is my first iphone (4s). Coming from a long line of droids. Still figured out the apple os. What made me convert was the huge difference in battery life. Anyway...hi guys.

Gitter
welcome , i'm new here too!

I was a Galaxy S to 4S convert myself. There are things about Android I miss, but I couldn't be happier with the performance of my iPhone. Welcome!

Hey! Welcome! I'm a recent android convert myself just came from an s3 to the 4s. Battery life is stellar on this phone! You will enjoy it. Check into the jailbreaking forums...definitely easy and worth doing...did you ever root/flash your droid's?

Welcome to ios came from android to ios myself after 3years of rooting and running new roms just to get consistency.ios have non of these issues it just works enjoy best move i made

Welcome to ios came from android to ios myself after 3years of rooting and running new roms just to get consistency.ios have non of these issues it just works enjoy best move i made

exactly my thoughts...can't keep up with android and all the updates to rom's its just to much and their are too many problems..your nothing but a Guinne pig every time you install a new rom and it never works right..

I always looked into rooting my android devices but never did. Just from the little reading ive done so far, seems like jail breaking is way easier

I always looked into rooting my android devices but never did. Just from the little reading ive done so far, seems like jail breaking is way easier

It is waaaaaaay easier than rooting. One click operation here after downloading the jailbreak of your choice. I would go with greenpois0ns imo. a lot of others on here seem to like it too. download greenpois0n, install greenpois0n, make backup of phone/contacts/info etc., wipe phone, plug phone in to pc and open greenpois0n, click start wait to finish and you done.

Welcome aboard. If you want to have some fun, make sure you stop by the android forums and let them know of your experience.

I also like to refute their "superior platform" comments.

Last edited:
Oh gosh yes. Jailbreaking is ridiculously easy. I jailbroke my iPad yesterday and accidentally installed a tweak that isn't supported by iOS 5, so it messed up my iPad completely so I had to restore it. But it's THAT simple. With rooting if you "bricked" your phone there was a possibility it was actually broken. With jailbreaking you just plug your device into iTunes and restore it (then restore from backup).

It seems like redsnow is another popular choice for jailbreaking

Welcome! There are a lot of former Android folks here.

As a member of the DroidForums Rescue Squad I can assure you it is much easier to jail break than root. iOS is much more forgiving than Android.

There are some excellent tutorials on jail breaking in our hacking section. If you have questions or problems we'll be here to assist.

Enjoy your time with us.

Mike