What's new

New charging port did not fix my iphone

iZIGGA

Reaction score
I had replaced the charging port because my iphone had the lightning bolt logo when i plugged it into a charger. It still refuses to work. Any suggestions?

This is also the same iPhone that had a new battery placed in correct?

Then it's still another hardware issue. Make sure any and all connectors are properly attached, and that there aren't any disfiguring on the main board

Last edited:
Is this the same phone that had a dark screen? If it is then why start new threads? Be nice to have the history all in one spot; If it isn't sorry for the intrusion.

Not knowing what happened to the phone I'm just going to take a shot at it anyway. If you replaced the charger port and the battery only to find the phone is still not charging; The next thing I would do is replace the IC that controls that. If you look near where the charger port connects to the logic board, there is a little black square IC chip. That is the charging IC. If the phone was dropped, or dropped in water this chip or any other chip could go out. Its not that uncommon.

A little more history on what happened to the phone would help. If you want to see the part I'm talking about Google "iPhone charger IC" and you can see some pics. Like I said some more history on what happened would really help.

Silly question, but you did try with a different cable and a different charger didn't you?