What's new

New 4s, please help before I screw up iTunes.

Railrodder

Reaction score
I have a 3G, an iPad, and an iPod currently, I had another 3G before. My 4s is sitting in a box on the counter waiting. I bought my wife one at the same time but hers isn't here yet. When I connect to iTunes the first time with my 4s I suppose it will ask to backup using my old 3G and tell me I am maxed out on allowed computers for iTunes.

I want to use my current 3G stuff on my 4S. I want to keep my iPod and iPad. I don't want to delete all computers on iTunes or do I? I definitely don't want to lose the music, apps and documents in iTunes now.

Before I come back asking for help fixing errors I am asking for help from the beginning.

Bill aka railrodder

I have a 3G, an iPad, and an iPod currently, I had another 3G before. My 4s is sitting in a box on the counter waiting. I bought my wife one at the same time but hers isn't here yet. When I connect to iTunes the first time with my 4s I suppose it will ask to backup using my old 3G and tell me I am maxed out on allowed computers for iTunes.

I want to use my current 3G stuff on my 4S. I want to keep my iPod and iPad. I don't want to delete all computers on iTunes or do I? I definitely don't want to lose the music, apps and documents in iTunes now.

Before I come back asking for help fixing errors I am asking for help from the beginning.

Bill aka railrodder

Hello and welcome to the forum!

So what is your iphone 4S waiting for?:)

Itunes will ask you to either setup the device as a new one or backup from your 3G.. If you have all the files on the computer that you have on the 3G it will be easy to setup as a new device but using a backup of the 3G will be easier and there is no limit on devices you can use itunes for.. and if you are un sure you can backup the 4S and then delete the 3G backup