jeakmc

Reaction score
iPhone 5s with iOS 11.2

Recently started to get a notification on my iPhone:

APPLE ID VERIFICATION
Enter Apple ID password in Settings

Also on my Apple Watch at the same time get notification:

Password Failed Please re-enter your iCloud password on your iPhone

What is the problem and how to fix it ... before this never got this notification

Thanks

iPhone 5s with iOS 11.2

Recently started to get a notification on my iPhone:

APPLE ID VERIFICATION
Enter Apple ID password in Settings

Also on my Apple Watch at the same time get notification:

Password Failed Please re-enter your iCloud password on your iPhone

What is the problem and how to fix it ... before this never got this notification

Thanks
What happens when you enter the password? Does the notification go away?

Each it shows up the phone is locked and when unlock, the notification goes away. I go to settings and re-enter password and it is OK for a few days and then the notification shows up again.

I was getting the same on my 5 and was glad to move to the X. Couldn’t find a way to stop it. Not much help.

Mike

I was getting the same on my 5 and was glad to move to the X. Couldn’t find a way to stop it. Not much help.

Mike

I am not completely sure, but think it may have started after upgrading to iOS 11.2 ... could this be a problem for 5s running 11.2?

OK ... not good news.

After going to Apple Chat and when the advice to shut down the phone and then restart did not work, went back and was transferred to a Senior person who then had someone call me back from Apple support. She said she had heard of this, but was not currently listed as a problem so evidently cannot an upgrade to solve it. She said it could be an email problem .... since the apple id included your email address, but when pointed out all my other devices do not have the problem it was not the situation in my case. To find out if it is a software problem, need to set the iPhone back to factory setting and then not do a restore for a while to see if the problem is still there ... if it is not there, then a software problem and cannot restore from iCloud since just re-introducing the problem but need to reload everything all over again .... if this was the case even getting an 8 or X would not solve the problem. If still happens then it is not a software problem. The main problem with not signing back in is cannot download new apps or do an iCloud backup without re-entering the password otherwise all else should work.

So no real answer. Will think if I want to do all that or not... if someone else tries, can you let me know