What's new

need specific app to hide incoming sms texts from specific contacts

kizoin

Reaction score
I need an application that can hide specific contacts from the address book as well as sms communication with those specific people. it would need to catch all incoming SMS messages from that particular list of people and silently store them in a secret area of the phone. wouldn't even necessarily need to be a secret area, just somewhere I can hide/relocate myself if possible.

it is my understanding that apple does not allow developers to modify the contacts of the phone, so that leaves this duty up to the blackhat guys serving the jb community.

I have had one app in the past that did this, it was called Hidden SMS Lite, but devs stopped at ios4. I'm on 6.1.3 and I need a solution! hidden SMS Lite will not load on ios 6. I would also be interested in paying anyone that could figure out how to modify hidden SMS lite to function on 6, I feel that it would not be the most difficult task (not a ton of changes took places from ios4-6 imo)

I have searched far and wide for up to date software that can do this but I haven't had any luck yet.

other software that have similar hiding characteristics but still fail for either compatibility issues or just not meeting the above criteria are:

ninjaSMS
HideEmAll
CoverMe
SecretSMS

none of these apps will silently and stealthfully grab an incoming text and store it for you separate from your native IOS SMS application.

if anyone is up to the task to develop this, willing to attempt to reverse engineer hidden SMS lite to operate on ios6, or thinks they have another software that I could try, feel free to get in touch with me. monetary compensation is on the table here.

cheers.

If you are trying to block people from contacting you. Ios7 allows you to block people. Settings>messages>blocked>Add new

no. I don't want to block people. I want specific people's incoming sms to stealthily redirect to another area of my phone other than the sms.application. I also want no noise or notification of any kind.

Sorry, but I can't help you.

I just wanted to tell you I deleted your other thread you started on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

The closest thing to what you're looking for is iBlacklist. Rather than blocking all incoming communications, it will store all voicemails, missed calls and texts separately and can only be accessed by opening up iBlacklist. You won't have any sort of notifications AFAIK as I haven't used iBlacklist is a while, so you'll have to periodically check iBlacklist for new communications. What you're looking for cannot be done as you'd have to overhaul the Messages.app to sandbox different texts differently.

The closest thing to what you're looking for is iBlacklist. Rather than blocking all incoming communications, it will store all voicemails, missed calls and texts separately and can only be accessed by opening up iBlacklist. You won't have any sort of notifications AFAIK as I haven't used iBlacklist is a while, so you'll have to periodically check iBlacklist for new communications. What you're looking for cannot be done as you'd have to overhaul the Messages.app to sandbox different texts differently.

iBlacklist also didn't work for me, forgot to list it. I added people to the blacklist, enabled it, and their texts still came through to my messages.app

hidden SMS lite does exactly what I mentioned above on ios4, only problem is that it's not compatible with ios6.

I use a third party app like kik for texting and it works well for me for that purpose. And it's readily available through all smart phones. As for calls there isn't anything available. The thing with kik I like the most is it doesn't count against text messages on your bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the whole thing with tiger woods came out. Someone created an app that said this app would of saved him. You look it up

I need an application that can hide specific contacts from the address book as well as sms communication with those specific people. it would need to catch all incoming SMS messages from that particular list of people and silently store them in a secret area of the phone. wouldn't even necessarily need to be a secret area, just somewhere I can hide/relocate myself if possible. it is my understanding that apple does not allow developers to modify the contacts of the phone, so that leaves this duty up to the blackhat guys serving the jb community. I have had one app in the past that did this, it was called Hidden SMS Lite, but devs stopped at ios4. I'm on 6.1.3 and I need a solution! hidden SMS Lite will not load on ios 6. I would also be interested in paying anyone that could figure out how to modify hidden SMS lite to function on 6, I feel that it would not be the most difficult task (not a ton of changes took places from ios4-6 imo) I have searched far and wide for up to date software that can do this but I haven't had any luck yet. other software that have similar hiding characteristics but still fail for either compatibility issues or just not meeting the above criteria are: ninjaSMS HideEmAll CoverMe SecretSMS none of these apps will silently and stealthfully grab an incoming text and store it for you separate from your native IOS SMS application. if anyone is up to the task to develop this, willing to attempt to reverse engineer hidden SMS lite to operate on ios6, or thinks they have another software that I could try, feel free to get in touch with me. monetary compensation is on the table here. cheers.
Your contacts can see all your text messages? How? My contacts don't see mine, and I can't see theirs. Not sure I understand.

Your contacts can see all your text messages? How? My contacts don't see mine, and I can't see theirs. Not sure I understand.

my apologies, I'll reword. I want to pick certain people from my contact list, and I want those people's incoming text messages to me to become hidden.

my apologies, I'll reword. I want to pick certain people from my contact list, and I want those people's incoming text messages to me to become hidden.
So you mean like if someone got your phone and looked through it, they could not see text messages? Take screen shots of those messages you want to keep and hide them in a photo app that requires a code to access. Then delete the rest of the unimportant texts. Why keep unimportant texts?

just to follow up: I was able to get iBlacklist to function properly once I configured it. by copying specific contacts from my address book to the "blacklist", any communication from those people will go into the blacklist app, and not to my messages.app. I can also block their calls/send to voicemail/auto respond to call with a text message. if someone contacts me when I have the software enabled, I have the option of a vibration notification, a tone like a regular text message, or none at all. has a cool optional feature of a little notification icon in the top bar next to the battery which the average person wouldn't pick up on as well.

my personal favorite part is that it has a feature to camouflage the app with custom icons (or you can provide your own via ssh) and a custom title. further, you can set dual passwords to the application so that if someone tries to access it, and they enter the wrong password, it will redirect to any app of your choosing (really nice for camouflaging purposes) and obviously the correct password will open the iblacklist interface.

Last edited by a moderator: