What's new

Need some help here!

mrgooch

Reaction score
I am about to buy a used iphone 8 on craigslist. I want it only for playing my music from my old ipod. What do I need to know about the iphone 8 before buying it? Such as do I need their passcode for the phone or sign in for itunes. etc

They need to sign out of Find My iPhone first. Maybe also sign out of iMessage as well. Be sure they sign out of Find My iPhone and that it's as new with nothing on it. This MUST be done, before you can use it. Then you can set it up with your Apple ID. Then sign in to iTunes.

Is it possible to reset the phone to start from the beginning?

Thank you. Will I have difficulty moving my ipod music to the phone? I am willing to buy software if it is not expensive and easy to get results.

No. All the playlists were uploaded through itunes.

They should still be there in iTunes. You should be able to get them on your iPhone.
When I go to iTunes on my computer [ ipod not connected ] none of the songs which I have on my ipod are there. Only when I connect my ipod to the computer does it show my playlists. I need to get those songs onto the iTunes page without the ipod connected!

When I go to iTunes on my computer [ ipod not connected ] none of the songs which I have on my ipod are there. Only when I connect my ipod to the computer does it show my playlists. I need to get those songs onto the iTunes page without the ipod connected!

Which iPod do you have? It can make a difference in how you get the music into iTunes on your computer.

Try this site for directions. Search 'How to Copy Music from Your iPod to Your Computer' at WikiHow. It offers a few ways.
Thank you for the information The site recommended a software called Sharepod that had a free trial offer. It appears to have worked as I now can see the music playlists in iTunes without the ipod connected. When I finally receive the iphone I think it should go well on transferring the music.