What's new

Need help.

bdblk12v

Reaction score
Hello guys. I have an I phone 3GS and it is stuck on the apple screen. It was running 3.2.1 and it was unlocked. It got updated to 5.1.1 and won't go past the apple screen. I took it to a guy and he said it has iPad baseband and is a paperweight. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I need help guys. I don't know much about I phones. Thanks guys.

You could try downloading the correct version of tiny umbrella to see if this will help to take you out of the current loop your in.

Its known in the jail breaking world that you have to be ultra careful when messing around with 3gs iPhones. Installing an iPad baseband has often resulted in issues.

Use goggle to do some homework on this baseband issue as this may help your further.

Good luck.

That happened to me before when i were going to install SIRI on 5.0.1, i fixed it by restoring, but there is another way to do it in redsnow without losing anything, its called the dfu as i think, just search it in google or follow this restore method if it didnt work for you(dfu didnt work for my problem)

How to restore with your iDevice stuck on Apple logo: whilst your iPhone is still stuck on the Apple Logo hold both home button and sleep button, dont release them ever then it will shutdown, keep holding but just a moment before it boots release the sleep button and keep holding the home button, it will go on recovery mode, you can close this recovery mode simply by hard rebooting(home button and sleep button held together till it reboots) when its on recovery mode connect it and make sure iTunes is open, it will say that an iPhone has been detected in recovery mode, just restore it that way :), and i hope you get it fixed soon :)

Last edited:
I haven't messed with it yet I'm going to. I took it to a guy and he said it had custom I pad baseband. He tried to to install custom Ipsw with no luck. Also tried a dfu restore he said I. Have to wait for a new iPhone baseband is this correct? Thanks for the help.

I tried to download tiny umbrella and trashed my laptop. It's not been a good day. Is there someone or somewhere I could send the phoe to to repair it? I had a guy look at it he said he tried to install custom Ipsw with no luck and also dfu restore. He said I have to wait until there is a new iPhone baseband. Is this correct? If I install ios6 when it is out would this fix it? I'm at a loss thanks for the help.

bdblk12v said:
I tried to download tiny umbrella and trashed my laptop. It's not been a good day. Is there someone or somewhere I could send the phoe to to repair it? I had a guy look at it he said he tried to install custom Ipsw with no luck and also dfu restore. He said I have to wait until there is a new iPhone baseband. Is this correct? If I install ios6 when it is out would this fix it? I'm at a loss thanks for the help.

You cannot restore to a custom iPSW without entering PWNED DFU mode with iREB first.

You should make a custom iPSW with Sn0wvreeze from here: ih8sn0w.com/
iREB is located within Sn0wbreeze.

Enter PWNED DFU mode...and shift+restore to it.