What's new

Need help with Siri

pjunkie

Reaction score
Telling Siri about yourself
The more Siri knows you, the more it can use your information to help you. Siri gets your
information from your personal info card (“My Info”) in Contacts. (where in contacts is my info card?)
Tell Siri who you are: Go to Settings > Siri > My Info, then tap your name.
Put your home and work addresses on your card, so you can say things like “How do I get home?”
and “Remind me to call Bob when I get to work.”
Siri also wants to know about the important people in your life, so specify those relationships on
your personal info card. Siri can set those up for you. For example, the first time you tell Siri to call
your sister, Siri asks you who your sister is (if you don’t already have that info on your card). Siri
adds that relationship to your personal info card so it doesn’t have to ask next time.
Create cards in Contacts for all your important relationships, (I'm lost) and include information such as
phone numbers, email addresses, home and work addresses, and nicknames you like to use.
Chapter
I am confused about how i should do the above and would like to get it right the first time. can someone explain this to me or give me a link that will explain it?
Thanks

Last edited:
1.) First of all, go to your contact app and create a new contact using your name surname telephone number email addresses and so on... Enter all information Siri might need to use, when done save it and quit the contact app.

2.) when you are at home, open the map app, tap on the arrow located at lower left conner of the map app to have you precise location (you should see a blue full circle with a line circle surrounding the full blue circle trying to stabilize. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340126109.323111.jpg

When stabilize, tap on the blue circle and you should read "current location ..." $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340126255.591092.jpg
tap on the blue circled arrow at the end of the "current location" mention and it should take you to another page. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340126323.669965.jpg

There you have the option to add that location to your own contact info which you crated previously in step 1. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340126403.012772.jpg chose add to existing contact and select your name from the contact list.

After adding the map address to your contact hit edit on top right conner, $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340126605.010914.jpg

scroll down to the new added address info field there you will see home or work or something, just tap on it to change the name or add your custom name for that location as you wish. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340126803.959363.jpg

Do the same to add work location when you are physically at work and to add market when you are physically at the market and so on to your same contact card.
NB: Siri doesn't recognize all countries map, so if you are not in a country where Siri understand the map, this can be useless for you.

3.) when that setting is done, go to settings> general> Siri> My Info/ select your contact which you've just created from the list and voila, you are good to go.

Last edited:
4.) to add your girl friend contact or your daddy contact or someone else contact to your contact card so that Siri can recognize the person being part of your family or something, just link a contact to your contact card. Open your contact app> select your contact from the list> tap on "edit" at top left conner> scroll down to "liked cards"> tap on "link contact..."> select your relative contact to link to your contact card> tap done/ and voila.
However this option seems to be useless to me because I can just activate Siri and tell her to remind me to call Xyz when I arrive at home and Siri will remind that to me as soon as I arrive at home even though I do not have Xyz contact linked to my contact card.
If you are not clear about certain details let me know.

Thanks Gentlemen for the help
pjunkie