What's new

Need help with GPS Nav for IPhone 4s..

jkrc717

Reaction score
I will be getting my IPhone 4s for Sprint tomorrow. I've always used Telenav for other phones and loved it.

Do they have Telenav for IPhone 4s? Is there anything out there better?

Whats important to me is the turn by turn voice. In depth like Telenav is. A good sounding voice. The map and Street view on point.

Price is no object.

Thanks.

Was gonna ask the same question. I'm gonna latch on to this thread.

I'm using and like the Tom Tom version. For me an important feature of TomTom is the fact that all the maps and info is stored in the phone. Most of the gps apps rely on having a data connection to retrieve the maps as you travel. Which is fine as long as you have a connection.

I am extremely pleased with "Waze" - its free, and offers voice turn by turn directions (complete with street names), decent sounding voice, warnings for bad traffic, cops, accidents, etc. It is also semi-socially driven - meaning users can update info, add warnings and correct/add to maps. It's pretty dern cool.

I have heard of one called "Beat The Traffic" but I don't know that it does everything Waze does.

Some people don't like Waze because it is a little "cutsey" of cartoonish. It is. No doubt. But I don't care - it works well and it is free. Ya got nothing to lose in trying it :)

Take care,
Rob

I really like Waze too. It's free, has voice navigation, and it's quite accurate.