What's new

need help with calendar

oz1972

Reaction score
hello all. was wondering how you go about sending an invite from calendar.is this possible? i had a blackberry and you could invite people to the event directly from calendar app.i have heard there is a way to do it on iphone also,but cant seem to figure it out.any help is appreciated.thank you

oz1972 said:
hello all. was wondering how you go about sending an invite from calendar.is this possible? i had a blackberry and you could invite people to the event directly from calendar app.i have heard there is a way to do it on iphone also,but cant seem to figure it out.any help is appreciated.thank you

Nope! If you want this option, either go back to a BB or jailbreak your iphone

Tap the Calendar app
Tap the + button at the top right
Enter a title and the other information you’d typically add for a meeting or event
Scroll down and tap Invitees (if you don’t see Invitees, make sure you’re setting the meeting up for a MobileMe or Exchange Calendar)
Either start typing an email address (it will autocomplete for you) or tap the + button to the right to open you Contacts list
When you’ve added all the invitees, tap Done
Tap Done on the Add Event page to finish

Might have to set your email as a exchange. I dont know if this method works on Verizon

nope,none of that works.what about adding google or aol calendar? can i do that and be able to add invitees? if so how do i add calendars?

oz1972 said:
nope,none of that works.what about adding google or aol calendar? can i do that and be able to add invitees? if so how do i add calendars?

Ok. I have a fix. Follow these steps

1.Tap settings
2.mail, contacts, calendars
3. Add account
4. Microsoft Exchange
5. Put your email info in here and don't worry about domain.
Note: username is email
6.when asked for server put m.google.com (well if you're using gmail)

Last edited:
I've been using Google Calendar for just this purpose. It can all be done without using a desktop.
1. Set up Google Calendar account.
2. Input events with alert times and repeating dates
3. Make sure time zone of GC and your device match!!!
4. Add invitees
5. In your device settings add GC to the sync list
6. Profit!

Also Bump will allow you to send calendar dates easily. FistBump ftw! Its very useful for iphone--otherphone interaction.

what carrier do you guys have? i have tried all these options and it still does not give me option to add invitees.....must not work with verizon :(

oz1972 said:
i didnt think bump worked with other phones? i tthought it had to be iphone to iphone?

Bump is android-iphone compatible. I use it daily to text a friend on a g1 who doesnt pay for texting

oz1972 said:
what carrier do you guys have? i have tried all these options and it still does not give me option to add invitees.....must not work with verizon :(

Are you using the GC app or from safari? Im on verizon also. Should be an option to add invitees on the rightside of screen

edit: In the app itself edit the event and scroll down. It says add people to this event.
edit2:carrier shouldnt matter

Last edited:
oz1972 said:

Why didn't you use the instructions I gave you