What's new

Need help transfering contacts photos music

Challenger440

Reaction score
I've had my iPhone 6 124GB six weeks now and I have not had any luck transferring my contacts, photos, and music from my iPhone 4 to my iPhone 6. My carrier is AT&T. I talked to AT&T store techs, Apple store techs, and online Apple customer service, and no one has been able to help me transfer my contacts, photos, and music to my new iPhone 6. We have tried iCloud and iTunes with no luck. I did visit Best Buy and they said they would do it for $20.00, but it would not transfer my photos. So, my question is, is there a downloadable program that will transfer my data from my iPhone 4 to iPhone 6?

Thanks
Chris

I've had my iPhone 6 124GB six weeks now and I have not had any luck transferring my contacts, photos, and music from my iPhone 4 to my iPhone 6. My carrier is AT&T. I talked to AT&T store techs, Apple store techs, and online Apple customer service, and no one has been able to help me transfer my contacts, photos, and music to my new iPhone 6. We have tried iCloud and iTunes with no luck. I did visit Best Buy and they said they would do it for $20.00, but it would not transfer my photos. So, my question is, is there a downloadable program that will transfer my data from my iPhone 4 to iPhone 6?

Thanks
Chris
If you backup your iPhone 4 with iTunes on your computer, then connect your iPhone 6 and do a restore then set it up with the backup of your iPhone 4, all your contacts, photos, and music wil be transferred to your iPhone 6 as part of the backup. That's what I fid when I got my 6 plus and everything was transferred.

Thank you for your response. I tried that and it did not work.

I backed up my phone through iTunes. But for whatever reason, it will not transfer my contacts to my new phone.

Are they just stored on your iPhone, or do you sync them to another device, except for iTunes?

SynciOS iPhone to iPhone Transfer should help, if you're looking for software to get music, photos and contacts to your new device. There's Windows and a Mac version. The software is free.

Last edited:
Are they just stored on your iPhone, or do you sync them to another device, except for iTunes?

SynciOS iPhone to iPhone Transfer should help, if you're looking for software to get music, photos and contacts to your new device. There's Windows and a Mac version. The software is free.
My iPhone 4 is backed up on my computer through iTunes. Contacts, photos, music and ring tones are stored on my iPhone.

For the contacts, you could try an app, such as Phone Swappr. It's free, and seems to have excellent ratings. Here's the link, if you want to take a look at it:
PhoneSwappr - Free Contacts Transfer by Design Application Pty Ltd
PhoneSwappr - Free Contacts Transfer on the App Store on iTunes

For music and photos, maybe the software I posted in my first reply will help.

The way I would do it for the contacts is turn on contact storage in your iCloud account. From there your contacts will back themselves up and auto download on the new phone. For photos / music. You can literally plug the one phone into a computer. Turn on browse hidden system files and copy the stuff off. Another option could be if you don't have a one drive account. You could use that to backup your pictures. I personally use Flickr and love it for photos. As for music I just force a sync with iTunes on the computer. Once it downloads everything you could push the music to the new device. It's how I got all my music on my iPhone 6.

For the contacts, you could try an app, such as Phone Swappr. It's free, and seems to have excellent ratings. Here's the link, if you want to take a look at it:
PhoneSwappr - Free Contacts Transfer by Design Application Pty Ltd
PhoneSwappr - Free Contacts Transfer on the App Store on iTunes

For music and photos, maybe the software I posted in my first reply will help.
Thanks JA, I'm going to try your suggestions first and then if that doesn't work, I'll try the other suggestions.

Last edited:
I will be trying all the different suggestions and I will post the results.

Thanks to everyone.
Chris