What's new

Need help to Sync Iphone calendar to Google Calendar

vivztie

Reaction score
Hi!

I need help with syncing my iphone calendar to my google calendar. I have never had this problem before...not until after upgrading my iphone to ios5...sigh.

So, prior to iOS5 upgrade...I was able to add events to my iphone calendar, change my default calendar from "Calendar" to my email "@gmail.com", click "done" and my event will automatically be sync'd to my google calendar...which was AWESOME! I was able to view my events on my iphone or google calendar

Since I upgraded my phone to iOS5...i have added several events...ensuring that my default calendar was my "@gmail.com" account....but they were not syncing to my google calendar...and I do not know why.
In settings...Mail, Contacts, Calendar....I've synced all my events...my default calendar is my "@gmail.com" account...but it's not syncing with my google calendar...

I haven't attempted to remove & add my gmail acct from my phone...just in case all my events (that haven't been sync'd to my google calendars) are deleted permanently.

Can someone please help me...and let me know what I need to do....

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!
Viv

I had exactly the same problem. It's a known issue with ios5. Google recommends to remove your calendar account in your iPhone and create it again. It's a very simple procedure. I did it and everything works again properly.

But you're right, if you do that you'll lost all the events that are not sync'd. Ideas: you can move all those events to the iphone built-in calendar so that you can move then again to your google calendar when everything is done. if you have an app for calendars like week calendar you can move then all at once by selecting them. If not, you'll need to do it one by one.

I hope I've helped. And sorry for my bad English :-(

Last edited:
thanks for your help momentobea!
i did what you suggested and it worked!
much appreciated!