What's new

Need help recovering photos and contacts!!!

laviola072

Reaction score
Hi guys i have problems with my iphone 4S after restoring and updating to new IOS 7
Here is goes:
I have never sync my iphone to the itunes before.
So yesterday i decided to update my iphone to IOS 7 using my Macbook laptop
However the update was unsuccessful as the itunes prompt me an error
I tried many times but still unsuccessful and i was stuck at the recovery mode
So i then move to my windows laptop and update using the itunes
During the update there is no options given to backup my contents
So i procced for the update and it was successful.
Now that my iphone running new ios 7 i choose to set up as new iphone.
Later then i found out that all my content including photos and contacts are all gone.

So my questions is:
Is there anyway that i can get my contacts and photos back given that i never backed up my
iphone to itunes?

Thank you for your time guys and i hope someone can help me to solve this problem. =)

Absolutely no way. The key was to "backup" the phone first. Then updating to ios7. Even if u had problems installing iOS 7, after u get thru recovery mode. You just plug in to iTunes and restore from backup. And you'd have all your contacts, photos, songs, etc all back on your newly updated iOS 7 phone. Remember always back up your device on iTunes.

None whatsoever. Even on a physical harddrive on a computer, the only way to retrieve that data is if you've cleared it from your Recycle Bin and immediately shut the computer off to prevent the old cache from being erased. Then you'd need professional tools to retrieve the data, and even then it's 50/50.

You should always be periodically backing up your devices once a month if not bimonthly. Or at least back them up to iCloud or other drive services.

If your photo stream was on, on your phone, they would have been saved to the cloud. Check your PC for Photo Stream folder.