What's new

Need Help Please!

Trickerations

Reaction score
So recently I dropped my iPhone 3gs in a pool. I took it apart and fixed it by getting rid of the corrosion. Surprisingly, the phone worked 100% for around 3 weeks. Now this happened yesterday. Whats wrong any help? Only thing I can think of a cable came loose in the inside.
LhkTa.jpg

Your LCD is damaged. Just replace it with a new one. Or open up the phone and check all cables are secured to their corresponding connectors.

Your LCD is damaged. Just replace it with a new one. Or open up the phone and check all cables are secured to their corresponding connectors.

Checked my 1,2,and 3 cables all seemed fine. Took them out and put them back on again just to make sure. Did this 3 times. Whats the next step to fix it? Why would this happen?

Trickerations said:
Checked my 1,2,and 3 cables all seemed fine. Took them out and put them back on again just to make sure. Did this 3 times. Whats the next step to fix it? Why would this happen?

It would happen most likely because you dropped your phone, tool it apart, and and put it back together.

3GS aw exactly the newest phones out there. Is the phone relatively old?

But yeah...chances are the screen go damaged in some way between dropping it and putting it back together again. What else could it be besides actually figuring out the "exact" cause...which is unlikely that anyone would know the exact cause of that.

I would really give up on trying to figure that out...unless your into tinkering with electronics I guess. I would just say....eh..guess the screen is broke...guess I'll buy a new one now. But that's just me.

Hopefully tho...someone with more experience with 3GS's....unlike myself..might be able to tell ya how to fix it without buying a new screen...who knows. But would having a nice new screen in that phone be nice?

Trickerations said:

I agree with zigg. If you already know how to take it apart and put it back together why not just buy a new LCD and replace it. eBay and amazon sell cheap oem parts. Unless you are planning on upgrading soon. It's basically your preference.

Thank you guys helped me out a lot. I guess I'm going to have to buy a new LCD. Great site lots of answers from helpful people!

I agree with zigg. If you already know how to take it apart and put it back together why not just buy a new LCD and replace it. eBay and amazon sell cheap oem parts. Unless you are planning on upgrading soon. It's basically your preference.

Hate to pester, but i have one more question. Which of these products do I need.The whole screen or just the LCD.Do these seem like good deals. I am not very educated with electronics.
Hole Screen:Amazon.com: 3gs Full Assembly Front Glass Touch Screen LCD Digitizer: Cell Phones & AccessoriesLCD:Amazon.com: Replacement LCD Screen Display for Iphone 3GS 16GB and 32GB w/ 6 Repair Tools Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

Honestly, I would go for the whole screen replacement. It's not more cost and I think you will have less problems when putting it all back together. Goodluck!

Trickerations said:
Hate to pester, but i have one more question. Which of these products do I need.The whole screen or just the LCD.Do these seem like good deals. I am not very educated with electronics.
Hole Screen:Amazon.com: 3gs Full Assembly Front Glass Touch Screen LCD Digitizer: Cell Phones & AccessoriesLCD:Amazon.com: Replacement LCD Screen Display for Iphone 3GS 16GB and 32GB w/ 6 Repair Tools Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

If you want to replace the whole front, it's your choice. I would myself just go with the Whole assembly, just because it saves the hassle of putting on the LCD. If you have the money I recommend the full assembly. But you know how to assemble and dissemble so buying just the LCD should be no problem either. Your iPhone would of course look nicer with a new screen with no scratches or anything.