What's new

Need A Capable E-Mail App

ITGeek

Reaction score
I've finally had my fill of iOS' default email app. I really like some of the stuff it does, but...
  • Unable to view email headers at all makes one unable to discriminate between legitimate and spoofed email
  • Lack of email push notifications for everything except Apple's mail server, and that works only erratically
Now, as of the iOS 14.1 update:
  • Outgoing email no longer shows up in Sent folders
  • For one of my email accounts it insists on using my email address as my login name, despite the fact my username is clearly configured as the username
Time for iOS Mail to go.

Thing is: Every time I've looked for a replacement in the past, all I've been able to find were email apps that do their best to make email "easy" for you--"easy" being defined as how the designers think is easiest.

I don't want "easy." I want fully-functional, mostly bug-free. I want something that lets me determine how I want to read my email, not how somebody else thinks is best.

I really, really wish the developers of K-9 Mail on Android would port to Apple. It's almost enough to want to make me switch back to Android
hot.gif

Recommendations, please?

Wow. Nobody? Nothing? The iOS email app landscape is so utterly bleak nobody has a recommendation? If so: That's pretty sad :(

I use an app called spark, it is by readdle, I find it meets my needs well. The one downside is that many apps have a built in email link, ie. if you send an email from within an app it will often only link with the native email app, not a huge issue .

Ok, @Alexm1, thanks for the follow-up. I'll look into it.

Geez, I guess the iOS email client landscape really is that bleak.

There seem to be many email clients in the app store, including Microsoft Outlook, which I think I tried a few years ago, but reverted to iOS mail for reasons I forget.

It would be interesting to know if you find an app fitting your requirement, as it all helps our knowledge.

This is at least the second time I've tried to find a suitable email app for iOS. Possibly the third. I'm just going to give up and live with the wonkiness in the native app and hope that someday K-9's developers see fit to port it to iOS.

I preferred outlook. The one that was supplied with MS. Office Pro.
It actually sorted mail from different user groups (Yahoo)
And I could use word to read and reply
I’m actually considering buying a machine that has an efficient WP and eMail client.
Ridiculous ins that it?

Thanks for the suggestion, lsemberg, but anything Microsoft is definitely out of the question.

I have google’s and outlook on my phone.

Nothing is perfect. So I keep them as well as using the native iOS email. At least the latter is uniform in its operation.