What's new

My volume bar disappears on my i phone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
this isn't a hardware fault it's caused by a dirty/faulty charging dock (9 times out of 10) it's just dirty i have had this in the past took it to apple and they use a very small light paint brush to clean the followed with a thin hard paint brush to get off more then he used a circular metal object to finish would recommend you do the last yourself though but it's on the apple support forums aswell but you will have to find the link yourself

not gonna start breaking forum rules ;-)

its not true... I tried to restore my phone twice but still no volume bars hahaha its bug in ios5.1..... No one know here how to fix our problem. All reply in this thread is not helpful

Contaminates like dust and dirt collect inside the input for the USB syncand charging cable located at the bottom of the iPhone. This condition cancause the volume control bar and related audio to discontinue to function sincethe cable's connector pins make contact with the volume circuit inside thephone. These tiny contacts are spaced closely and can be short circuited bycontaminates quite easily. Spraying a blast of "electrical contactcleaner" directly into the port corrected this same problem on my iPhone.The cleaner contains alcohol which evaporates almost instantly thereby causingno harm to the phone interior. The contact cleaner can be purchased in ahardware store and comes in an aerosol can with an attached tube for the sprayhead.

DennisG said:
Contaminates like dust and dirt collect inside the input for the USB syncand charging cable located at the bottom of the iPhone. This condition cancause the volume control bar and related audio to discontinue to function sincethe cable's connector pins make contact with the volume circuit inside thephone. These tiny contacts are spaced closely and can be short circuited bycontaminates quite easily. Spraying a blast of "electrical contactcleaner" directly into the port corrected this same problem on my iPhone.The cleaner contains alcohol which evaporates almost instantly thereby causingno harm to the phone interior. The contact cleaner can be purchased in ahardware store and comes in an aerosol can with an attached tube for the sprayhead.

Also most auto parts stores, such as O'Reilly, carry the quick dry electrical contact cleaner. It works well.
Brian

Thanks for that tip. I have access to some really neat electrical contact cleaner. It just about evaporates on contact. Think I'll be using that as part of my maintenance in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.