What's new

My Sleep Wake Button lost it's clicky feedback, will apple replace the handset ?

bskiba101

Reaction score
Hey, over the past couple of weeks I realized that my phone's sleep wake was not preforming well in terms of the clicking and pressing of the button. Initially pointed out by a friend, I realized that everyone's iphone around me made a prominent click sound when the button itself was pressed in. I went to the local apple store yesterday to check this out on other handsets and they all worked as expected with mine having some issue with the springing mechanism. I have scheduled an appointment with Apple in regards to this on friday. I am just worried that they will not do anything and since the button's feedback is already gone it will most certainly stop working soon all together. Did anyone have a similar experience with such issue ?

Is your iPhone still under warranty? If so, a hardware fault with the sleep/wake button would be covered.

Is your iPhone still under warranty? If so, a hardware fault with the sleep/wake button would be covered.
Yes the phone is under warranty but I am worried that they will just conclude this as normal ware for the device and thus leave me hanging till it actually breaks! ahhhhh

If the button is not working as it's designed to, it will be repaired or you will receive a replacement iPhone. Apple does not just sit on a problem until the warranty expires. Backup your iPhone before going to the Apple Store in case the phone is erased during the repair or you receive a replacement iPhone. Your repaired or replaced iPhone can be set up from the backup you made.

If the button is not working as it's designed to, it will be repaired or you will receive a replacement iPhone. Apple does not just sit on a problem until the warranty expires. Backup your iPhone before going to the Apple Store in case the phone is erased during the repair or you receive a replacement iPhone. Your repaired or replaced iPhone can be set up from the backup you made.
Thanks so much for your speedy and supportive feedback !! I'll que you in after the appointment!