What's new

My messages and phone calls get shared on my spouses phone

Pumpguy

Reaction score
Every call or text that either I or my wife make are shared on both our phones. We want our calendar to be shared, but not our texts and calls. How do we re-set that to work properly? We share iCloud, if that's the problem.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

This happens because you use the same iCloud ID on both devices. Sign out of iCloud on one device, and sign in with a different ID. This should stop sharing your calls and texts.

It's possible to share iCloud calendars. You can do this on your iPhone.
Open the Calendar app, and tap Calendars at the bottom. This will show you all your calendars set up on the iPhone. Tap one of the calendars you're already using, or add a new calendar. After creating the calendar, tap it once more. Now you choose the colour, and you can share the calendar with someone. Enter the email address. Your wife (in your case) will receive an email, where she can join your shared calendar.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

This happens because you use the same iCloud ID on both devices. Sign out of iCloud on one device, and sign in with a different ID. This should stop sharing your calls and texts.

It's possible to share iCloud calendars. You can do this on your iPhone.
Open the Calendar app, and tap Calendars at the bottom. This will show you all your calendars set up on the iPhone. Tap one of the calendars you're already using, or add a new calendar. After creating the calendar, tap it once more. Now you choose the colour, and you can share the calendar with someone. Enter the email address. Your wife (in your case) will receive an email, where she can join your shared calendar.

Hope that helps.
I hope so too. I will try it and see. Thanks very much. With that process, will she still be able to add items to the calendar that will then be shared by both phones? She adds more to the calendar than I do, but it helps us keep tabs on each others' schedules.

After sharing the calendar, you can allow editing.
Here's more information from Apple:
iCloud: Calendar sharing overview

Here's how to set it up:
Tap the calendar you're sharing, to see this:
image.jpeg

Tap "View & Edit" next to the person that will be allowed to edit. Next screen:
image.jpeg

Enable "Allow Editing".