What's new

My iPhone 4 wont turn on!

JohnHumady

Reaction score
Please note that this is a pretty new phone. I got it recently, maybe a couple months ago.

I've always taken good care of this phone, I have NEVER dropped it or damaged it in any way because I know its worth.

Today I was charging it, and it was at around 50% charge. I took the charger out of the phone and I tried going to home screen, but it wouldn't go and it's a dark screen right now (no light).

Is there anything I can do? Is this type of thing covered by an Apple warrantee? I assure you this phone was not abused by me in any way possible.

Thanks so much.

Just hold power and home until it reboots.

Thank you so much! It worked!

Does anyone have opinions on what happend? Should I bring the phone to the Apple store to get checked out or my service provider for help? This has never happend.

Thanks so much again!

Sometimes it happens. Nothing to worry about unless it starts doing it everyday.

I also have the same problem. I just got a new iphone 4 from the Apple store. When the phone is idle for 2 to 3 hours, it shuts by itself. Then I had to press the power button and the home button together and hold it for a while to reboot the phone. This happens every time the phone is idle for two to three hours.
I wonder Apple compromised the quality due to a mass production of iPhone 4??

Happened to me ONCE! Did that and it never happened again. Bust just be an error somewhere.