What's new

My iPhone 4 took a battery dive at Disney World

Tricon7

Reaction score
I went to Disney World the other day and made sure that I had a 100% battery when I got there. I took a few pictures, a bit of video (but not much), and within 30 minutes I was down to 73% battery. I wasn't going crazy taking photos or video, I don't think. After about an hour I was down to about 50% battery. Within two hours I was at 25% battery, and at three hours my iPhone was dead.

Once I saw how fast my phone was losing a charge, I made sure that all unnecessary apps were closed - even my photo/video app that I was using that came with my iPhone. I though I've appropriately stopped most apps from being "turned on" all the time. If my phone with just this moderate amount of usage loses its charge this fast, it's really not any good for taking a lot of photos during a vacation - much less video.

Who is your provider? Reason I ask is because since Disney switched to Verizon those with AT&T and Sprint have a hard time getting a signal at Disney. If it was constantly looking for a signal that would drain your battery down.

Who is your provider? Reason I ask is because since Disney switched to Verizon those with AT&T and Sprint have a hard time getting a signal at Disney. If it was constantly looking for a signal that would drain your battery down.

I actually have Verizon as my provider.

maybe your GPS or bluetooth was on? That sucks a lot of power. As good as the iphone battery is, I want it to be like the iPad battery. I don't have to worry about my iPad lasting all day. Hope the iPhone 5 has iPad battery life.