What's new

My home button fell off on my Iphone 5

R.Gray

Reaction score
To my dismay my home button fell off my Iphone 5. Is this a popular issue with the Iphone 5? I never had this issue with my other iphones. Lastly I wanted to ask those who have had this issue how did you fix it? Or were you forced to take it to Apple and have it sent off and fixed?

To my dismay my home button fell off my Iphone 5. Is this a popular issue with the Iphone 5? I never had this issue with my other iphones. Lastly I wanted to ask those who have had this issue how did you fix it? Or were you forced to take it to Apple and have it sent off and fixed?

Since the phone is still under warranty, it would be best if you took it to an Apple store to see if you can get it replaced under warranty. If you tried to repair it yourself, the warranty would be voided.

I recommend using assistive touch found in Setting-General-Accessibilty....
Never use my home button...

I recommend using assistive touch found in Setting-General-Accessibilty....
Never use my home button...

Thats so cool, never knew I could do that

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

if there still warranty, return it to them, its always a haRDware problem. need to replace the home button key inside..

By all means try assistive touch but you still need to go to Apple and get your phone looked at, you will have no resale value when you want to sell it otherwise, it will more than likely be replaced, take advantage of your warranty.

If the iph 5 isn't under warrenty they probable replace it, my wife's iPhone 4 home button broke, and the apple shop replaced the phone free of charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If the iph 5 isn't under warrenty they probable replace it, my wife's iPhone 4 home button broke, and the apple shop replaced the phone free of charge

the iPhone 5 still has a warranty, it hasn't been out 12 months yet.

Ye I understand that, but what I was saying, was that the apple shop usually replaces a faulty iphone with or with out warranty