What's new

Moving app icons

billwill

Reaction score
I miss the "old days" when I could connect my iPhone 7 to my MacBookPro, go to the iPhone app and move app icons anywhere I wanted, on any screen. Now I need to move some but the only way I can is to hold my finger on an app and try to slide it into the prior or following screen EXCEPT... that doesn't work when the prior or following screen is full of icons! If there's anyone who knows how to reposition icons on the iPhone 7 without using a laptop, PLEASE make it available! THANK YOU very much for your expertise and assistance.

Keep holding and sliding the app icon until you’re on a screen where you can put the icon.
Second possibility: Put the app icon into the dock, then slide to the desired screen and slide it to the right place.

Try removing an icon from the screen you wish to move another to. So, if you want to move an icon from screen one to screen two, but screen two is full, then move an icon from screen two to screen three. Then go back and try again.

Try tool.iphone.net in Safari to create empty spaces. It works well! Just make sure you don't use desktop format in Safari.