What's new

more than one custom ringtone?

adiegreen

Reaction score
Hi I have been looking for a while today to add extra custom ringtone to my phone. I DONT need help converting music, or placing them in the ringtone folder on Itunes or even how to sync. them. I have changed the file ext. and they are both under 30 secs long. Both of them play as ringtones

What i do need is a clear answer of how to get the 2 ringtones in Itunes over to the phone TOGETHER.

I tried by sync and it always leaves one or the other behind.

This question is asked in various forums and sites but the only answer that gets given is how to send one ringtone yet it is clearly a big problem for many to transfer two tones.

thanks

not sure i follow, of they are in your ringtones folder in your itunes library then adding to the phone is no different then adding files in the music folder

They are both in the ringtone library but when i sync phone it will only take one ringtone over to phone

who came up with this under 30 seconds crap they can be as long as you want just upload them via ssh to the ringtone folder and thats it, all the ring tones you want will be there, if you add it with itunes there should be an extra tab called custom ringtones, maybe your converting them wrong and thats why its not showing because when you click sync ring tones they should all sync

via ssh??... and no they are converted thro itunes and play as ringtone ...when i try to simply open the folder on the phone through the PC i can only access the DCIM photo file. I cannot open files to view on the computer?

Last edited:
yes because apple does not give you access to the ringtones in a folder it has to be officially done in the ringtones tab in itunes..

cydia jailbreak and openssh you can access the ringtone folder and upload them there easily, works like a charm, does not have to be under 30 seconds either

so short answer is i need to jailbreak phone or i can only have one custom ringtone it cannot be done without jailbreak??

so short answer is i need to jailbreak phone or i can only have one custom ringtone it cannot be done without jailbreak??

no i have like 7 custom ringtones on my device and i dont have a jailbreak

no, its just easier with jailbreak and you can have longer ringtones, but i did nto jailbreak and i added loads of ring tones, all you have to do is add it from the itunes ring tone tab and tick sync all as you said you knew. that should sync them all not just one. if they did not all sync your doing something wrong, its not clear what though

via ssh??... and no they are converted thro itunes and play as ringtone ...when i try to simply open the folder on the phone through the PC i can only access the DCIM photo file. I cannot open files to view on the computer?

I have two custom ringtones in the ringtones folder in itunes, but even after the sync process, I can see only one in the custom folder on my iphone. I have done the same process that I have done for the first one, but no avail, my phone does not display more than one.

I have two custom ringtones in the ringtones folder in itunes, but even after the sync process, I can see only one in the custom folder on my iphone. I have done the same process that I have done for the first one, but no avail, my phone does not display more than one.

Finally, I am able to do it, how I did it, I am not sure, I have tried again and again, there must be something different with the last try.

Thanks Bluering. Glad am not only one with this problem. Obviously we can create and transfer file so I don't think we are doing things wrong so why can nobody explain the mystery

did you change the format from .m4a to .m4r? thats the only thing i can think of that your not doing.

and you dont jailbreak right?

I'm not jailbroken and I have tons of custom ringtones. I have several over 30 seconds too although I don't know why you'd want one so long my iphone goes to voicemail in about 10 sec. All you have to do is clip them like you like them with any sound editor, save anywhere on your computer then drag them to the ringtones folder in itunes. I use RMakerPro which automatically saves them as a .m4r and has a great tutorial on how to put all the ringtones you want on yer phone.