What's new

More iPhone 7 Rumors Suggest Water & Dust Proof as well as Touch-sensitive Home Button

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-7-concept.png

We have found yet more rumors suggesting that the next version of the iPhone will include dust-proof and water-proof design. This has been a persistent rumor for some time now regarding the iPhone 7, but today's rumor includes something new too.

This time the intel indicates the phone will sport a touch-sensitive home button as well. This is supposedly a direct result of the water and dust resistant features. Other rumored features include the following:
  • Smart Connector
  • Dual-lens cameras
  • No 3.5mm headphone jack (because of the new design characteristics and features)
  • Repositioned antenna bands
  • Stereo speakers
  • Wireless charging
  • Larger battery
Of course, all, some or none of these rumors could end up in the final product. As always, we will keep an eye out if any solid corroboration backs up any of these claims. Which features do you folks think will show up in the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus?

Here's our dedicated iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus section for further discussion: iPhone 7

Source: DigiTimes

Apple gods, please please please keep that 3.5mm jack.

I love how they use the term "Resistant" which has no actual meaning... so if it gets wet and croaks, it's still on you. No, its not water proof, its just water RESISTANT.

I'm with NickJ. I've never had a bluetooth connection that was flawless yet. Not to mention, most of the credit card processing apparatus connects that way. It seems like a trivial amount of space to be worried about.

Apple gods, please please please keep that 3.5mm jack.

Couldn't agree more. No one wants to carry around an audio dongle everywhere just so they can plug it into their phone.

Would be very cool if the iPhone 7 is dust and water proof.

However keep in mind there are MANY Mil-Spec specifications for water proof and resistance. Dust included. It ranges from water spray/high humidity to 200+meters under water for weeks or years.

I'd be happy with an iPhone that could be dropped into the dishwater or swimming pool immediately wiped off with a cloth and it'd be undamaged.

I hear the argument about the headphone jack loud and clear, but Apple sets trends so I'll reserve judgement on that until I see this concept in action. I do hope they do something aesthetically with the handset instead of just making it thinner. Squared edges? Slightly curved display? I dunno...something

I think wireless charging will be a cool feature. I love the thought of never having to plug the phone in anymore. I also can't wait for a better phone camera. I'm amazed how much the camera has improved from generation to generation.