What's new

Apple's iPhone 7 Plus Might Include Wireless Charging & IP68 Specification

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
foxconn-iphone-7-plus-leak.jpg

The latest intel on the iPhone 7 Plus offers up a couple of features which have not been previously rumored. According to a leaked photo from a Foxconn internal presentation, the iPhone 7 Plus might also include wireless charging and IP68 water and dust resistance resistance. This info was gleaned from translating the leaked image (shown above).

Could water resistance be one of the other big reasons that Apple is ditching the headphone port? It's a possibility. We will keep an eye out for any corroborating info on this report.

Source: Foxconn spy shot reveals new iPhone 7 details no one saw coming

If the rumour of wireless charging turns out to be true will syncing with iTunes now be impossible? If I were forced to use iCloud to backup and restore, it would take me several days to load all the content I currently have on my iPhone.

I would not benefit from wireless charging, unless I could use the phone while it's charging.

I would not benefit from wireless charging, unless I could use the phone while it's charging.
Since the iPhone would probably have to be stationary on a charging station, similar to the ones used for the Apple Watch, using the iPhone while charging would likely be impractical.

Yeah. I don't charge at night. So I'm not that interested in wireless charging. Plugging in works fine for me.