What's new

Mophie for iPhone 5

azonie

Reaction score
Anyone tried this new case yet. Just wondering how it works and if any negative effects on the iPhone. One concern is will now use the mini USB connector versus the lightning, so the extra chargers i bought won't work with the new case.

Neither one of the battery packs have been released yet(helium or air). Soonest ship date is for the black Air in 7-10 days. The rest are are shipping mid march.

It works by putting it on your phone and when your phones internal battery runs low you turn the case on to recharge the phone(@1000mah). If you plug the case in while on the phone it will charge the case and phone at the same time. This will not cause any negative affects.

Micro USB cords are very cheap(it might actually come with one), and can be plugged into you apple wall outlet.

Mophies battery cases are good stuff. I have my eye on the White Air personally.

i didn't know this product before you had talk about i'm gonna try
sig.jpg

Attachments

• $sig.jpg
    $sig.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 434
i didn't know this product before you had talk about i'm gonna try

Mophie makes good stuff. My friend has used one on his 4S for 1 1/2 years. He loves it.

If you go through verizon, they sell all accessories(non apple) for 25% off. But you have to wait for them to get them.

Had mine three days now and think I'm going to take it back. Doubles the way to the phone. Makes the phone longer so you can't reach upper left-hand corner screen. And changes everything from lightning to a mini SUV

Last edited:
Had mine three days now and think I'm going to take it back. Doubles the way to the phone. Makes the phone longer so you can't reach upper left-hand corner screen. And changes everything from lightning to a mini SUV

Thanks for the info, how was the fit and finish?

You haven't held a Mophie Juice Pack Plus or an XtremeMac cased iPhone 4/4S have you lol. Doubles the size, almost quadruples the weight.

I have one a so far no problems, yes it makes it a little heavy but not a problem for me.

I have one a so far no problems, yes it makes it a little heavy but not a problem for me.

Think it just depends on what you need. I have charger at home, USB charger at office and car charger. So I am covered. And just didn't like extra size and weight.

You cannot sync to iTunes using the microUSB cable. Your options are to remove the bottom of the case or sync using WIFI.