What's new

Mirror iPhone 5 via ATV to TV screen?

Don't know. I think it needs to be able to see Home Sharing from iTunes on a network. You should try it and tell us if it works. I don't want to turn off wi fi cos I run a small office from home

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Don't know. I think it needs to be able to see Home Sharing from iTunes on a network. You should try it and tell us if it works. I don't want to turn off wi fi cos I run a small office from home.

I guess I will never know, as the delivery has not been made yet, I have just rung Apple online store and cancelled the order as where I am supposed to use it, I will not have access to any network.

Thanks for helping me to understand the nuts and bolts of the Apple TV.

And in that case, if you turn the "Personal Hotspot" on your iphone on, can the Apple TV pick that connection?

Actually just tried...
I connected to my iPhone 5 hotspot wih the AppleTV3. It's now mirroring content from the 5 to my TV.....
So it does work!

vebebeby.jpg

Actually just tried...
I connected to my iPhone 5 hotspot wih the AppleTV3. It's now mirroring content from the 5 to my TV.....
So it does work!

vebebeby.jpg

Wow, you have just opened a new door for me, and my hopes have just skyrocketed, so I guess I will have to reorder it.
Thanks for giving it a try, we have just discovered a new way to use the ATV where there is no network available.

Keep in mind you will have to use iPhone 4S / iPad 2 or later versions for mirroring with the ATV3. And in your situation the device will have to have a hotspot feature enabled....

Keep in mind you will have to use iPhone 4S / iPad 2 or later versions for mirroring with the ATV3. And in your situation the device will have to have a hotspot feature enabled....

Yes, I actually own the iPhone 4 which does not mirror, but the iPhone 5 is on its way, waiting for a call from my phone shop anytime.

Ok everyone, got my Apple TV today, tried it on my home Wi-Fi network and the hotspot on my iPhone 4, both work. But there is something weird. When I am connected to my home network WIFI, I can play videos, music and view photos, but when I am using the hotspot of my iPhone, I can play videos, music but photos do not show up, the airplay icon does not come up when viewing photos with hotspot set. As I said before I am still waiting for my iPhone 5, so I hope it is not like that with the iPhone 5. Can anyone please test this on your iPhone 5 for me: Use the hotspot of your iphone as network and see if you can view photos on your TV via your ATV? I would be extremely grateful to hear from anyone.