What's new

Message when downloading purchases?

MrIanB

Reaction score
I bought this iphone 6 plus from local person with clean esn at att store. He removed his I cloud account and reset phone. When I initiated phone with my apple login for itunes, everything works fine, phone and Internet works. The only issue I have is when I try to download my iTunes purchases I get this message and states I need to wait 60 days, now is down to 57. Do I need to have the previous owner deactivate iPhone from his itunes account, have apple store assist or wait out the 60 days. Attached is a pic of message. I am still in contact with seller as he is trying to get it unlocked by sending request to att.

Ian B

Attachments

• IMG_0004-1.PNG
    IMG_0004-1.PNG
    61.5 KB · Views: 509
Thanks for the welcome and tip JA. I will text the original seller for deactivating it from his account. If he does, do I still need to wait the 56 days or do I need to sign out/sign in to iTunes to get it to work or will a simple iPhone reboot will do the trick?

Ian B

Rebooting will not help.

If you still get that message when it has been removed from his iTunes account, you will have to wait until you'll be able to purchase apps/songs... yourself.

A question:
When he "reset" the iPhone: what exactly did he do? Did he go to Settings - General - Reset, and select "Erase all Content and Settings", or did he "Reset all Settings", or something else?

Chated w itunes and told himnot able to download my purchases after i bought phone. He went behind scenes and deauthorized iphone from his account and now i was able to strt downloading my songs, movies and videos. He then asked me to sign out from itunes nd lig back in. Voila, purchases alcan be downloaded.

As far as previous owner, re signed out of icloud account and then reset and erase phone. I then initiated the phone, entered my apple account and crickett sim card. He dis the same for the Oneplus 2 i traded with him for. Once we both got signal and data, we wont off our ways. I had the att guy verify clean esn and the seller submitted the unlocking request which we still waiting to get it unlocked. The battery life on this phone although smaller than the one ont he Op2 sure beats it. I unplug at 5am and hy 10pm still have 40-70% left on battery.

Ian B

I'm glad this has been solved. :)
Thank you for posting the solution. It could help someone else in the same situation.

Good to hear its sorted.
I was going to suggest speaking to Apple if all else failed as it seems they will do this as a one time only.
Thanks for updating us.