What's new

Message Timestamp

zzhet

Reaction score
I turn my phone off at night, the next day when I turn on my IPHONE 6 all messages that I have received while my phone was off display the time when I turned my phone on.. I need to know what time they came in over night.. Is there a way of making this happen ??? THANKS for any HELP !!!!

I turn my phone off at night, the next day when I turn on my IPHONE 6 all messages that I have received while my phone was off display the time when I turned my phone on.. I need to know what time they came in over night.. Is there a way of making this happen ??? THANKS for any HELP !!!!
They display the time received as the time when you turned your phone on because that's when the messages were received by your phone. Your phone couldn't receive the messages at the time they were sent because you had the phone turned off.

What you have to do in the future is to leave your phone on at night, plugged into the charger and the correct time stamp will be displayed for each message received overnight.

Thanks, that is what I thought , but I would think that it should be the time the message was received by the service provider , which would be the time the message was sent.... That would be more useful as you know that time you received it was the time you turned on your phone which has no useful meaning !! If you must reply by a certain time you have no proof as to that time !!

I was giving you the answer to the question you asked. I do not know of any smartphone in the country that will operate the way you want. As no one has chimed in, I do not know of any app that will do what you want. The only means to get the results you want, that I am aware of is to not turn your phone off. That is not a smart remark, it is someone affirming information you were given to the question you asked. If you choose to lash out at someone who is trying to give you information then please be sure I will not trouble you with any again.
EDITED

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, let's show some mutual respect here. This is a family forum.

Voice mail is stored on the carriers servers which is why you can get the actual reception time even if your phone was turned off at the time. Messages use cellular data and are sent directly to the receiving phone and if they're sent to a phone that's turned off at the time, they're not delivered until the phone is turned on. That's why you can't see when the messages were actually sent. The sending phone will also not show them as delivered until the receiving phone is turned on.

Last edited:
Please, let's show some mutual respect here. This is a family forum.

Voice mail is stored on the carriers servers which is why you can get the actual reception time even if your phone was turned off at the time. Messages use cellular data and are sent directly to the receiving phone and if they're sent to a phone that's turned off at the time, they're not delivered until the phone is turned on. That's why you can't see when the messages were actually sent. The sending phone will also not show them as delivered until the receiving phone is turned on.
I'm sorry for the comments , but this was the 1st time I had used the FORUM and I thought the response I received was uncalled for ... Thanks for the INFO it gives a little more insight to my question !!

use the DO NOT DISTURB mode. If I am not mistaken, you will get all your messages and VM's and it will record the correct time for you without making any noises though. You can set the begin and end time as well as set it up so that if someone calls twice in a row the call will come through.