What's new

Memory Issue

Mittens

Reaction score
I have a 64GB 6S+ (OS 14.4.2) that suddenly seems to have a RAM problem. I got a message warning me that I was out of memory which I thought odd since I keep pretty close track of it. So, I looked at iPhone memory usage in Settings and it says I have 14.95GB of photos & videos. This is not the case, I had no more than 5GB but just to be sure, I offloaded all of them to my computer, my phone now has no photos and no videos. Strangely this only freed up 400MB of Ram, it still says I have over 14.5GB of photos and videos. There is nothing in the recently deleted folder in Photos on the phone. I also thought perhaps it was photos and videos attached to messages but I have deleted virtually all of those too with no improvement. I have rebooted the phone after each major deletion with no improvement. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas? Thanks

Try deleting all the photos and videos in iMessage, emails, etc. Also delete any notes in the Notes app you don't need. Be sure to delete everything in the Recently Deleted folder in the Photos app. Delete Safari history. Remember downloaded music takes a lot of space. Delete large apps you don't use.
It's hard to know what's going on, when I can't see any of it. If you've deleted all your photos from the photos app, and still shows over 14 gb, I would contact Apple Support. Let them take a look.

Thanks Ledsteplin: I done everything you suggested and my phone still says I have 14gb in my photo app. Guess a trip to Apple is necessary (and not looked forward to).

Thanks Ledsteplin: I done everything you suggested and my phone still says I have 14gb in my photo app. Guess a trip to Apple is necessary (and not looked forward to).

I'm curious about what Apple support did or suggested. Can you provide an update?

I definitely will when I get around to going. It's not a convenient trip and Apple Stores are now one of my least favorite destinations. For the moment, I'm living with the problem.

I definitely will when I get around to going. It's not a convenient trip and Apple Stores are now one of my least favorite destinations. For the moment, I'm living with the problem.

Do you still have anything on your camera roll? Can you go to Settings>General>About, and show a screenshot of the section with photos and videos?

I currently have a 45 photos (67MB) and 3 short videos (33MB) on the phone. I've attached the screenshot you requested plus another showing iPhone Storage indicating I still have 13.74GB used for Photos Documents & Data.

Attachments

• IMG_E7199.JPG
    IMG_E7199.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7200.PNG
    IMG_7200.PNG
    197.4 KB · Views: 109