What's new

Megadeth’s David Ellefson Brings Rock Shop to iOS

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
4609-dave-ellefson-rock-shop.jpg

It’s no secret that there are many great iOS apps for budding musicians, and indeed for professional musicians, some of who have even gone as far as to create their own apps, which is exactly what Megadeth bassist David Ellefson has done with his new Rock Shop iOS app, which he is launching in conjuction with POCKETLABWORKS. The app brings Ellefson’s Rock Shop YouTube series to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, with portable guitar and bass amp software tuned with Dave’s signature sound. The app works in conjunction with POCKETLABWORKS’ iRiffPort Digital Audio Guitar Connection, providing all guitar and bass players need to turn their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a portable practice guitar amplifier. An iTunes music player is also integrated into the app, with Speed, Pitch and Loop controls for playing along with your iTunes music, and making it easy to pick out and slow down guitar riffs for learning by ear.

According to David Ellefson, “The Rock Shop is an outlet for sharing my music and business experience with my fans and the music community. I am thrilled to bring this connection to the iOS mobile platform in partnership with POCKETLABWORKS. And, how convenient to have my own Rock Shop app in my pocket, ready for practice on the road for Megadeth’s upcoming North American tour starting on January 26, 2012!”

Pricing and availability will be announced soon, and if you’re lucky enough to be going to Winter NAMM 2012 in Anaheim, California, you can see it demoed at the POCKETLABWORKS booth in Hall E.

Source: POCKETLABWORKS