What's new

Map iOS 10

03hdfatboy

Reaction score
I used it today for the first time. The UI seems smoother. What do you think?

Tried it yesterday, and was as unimpressed as I was when it was first released. I intended to write a scathing review on the app.

However, I found later that I had the options set to avoid tolls and highways so, having fixed that, I'll give it another try before I write anything about it.

I'm going to take a lot of convincing to dump Google Maps which I use just about every day.

Tried it yesterday, and was as unimpressed as I was when it was first released. I intended to write a scathing review on the app.

However, I found later that I had the options set to avoid tolls and highways so, having fixed that, I'll give it another try before I write anything about it.

I'm going to take a lot of convincing to dump Google Maps which I use just about every day.
I've. Never liked google maps one of the many reasons I don't like android

I would prefer to use the Apple app, so I'm hoping that it works at least as well as Google. I'm a trucker, so I'm in a position to be able to give it a serious workout.

Google Maps copes quite well with off-road locations. Next time I hit one, I'll set up the route on Apple Maps and see how it compares.

I used to use my iPad and MotionX GPS HD when I was driving exclusively off-road.

I did a direct comparison between google maps on iPhone VS. Garmin gps all over Massachusetts. Google maps clear winner. Sorry a bit off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like the new maps updates on my iPhone or iPad but I mostly use Maps in AppleCarplay where it work fine.