What's new

Man Wins Throttling Case Against AT&T

pianoman said:
If it's accurate, then it's NATIONAL news - not little stuff for a Rumors site. When I see it on the national news - then I'll be VERY happy. Because "unlimited" should be "unlimited". AT&T is being stingy with this throttling thing. Maybe even "illegal". Yes, I agree - MacRumors is one of the better ones.

Thanks!

This was also in the NYTimes.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update From NYC iPF.net

It's legit. Matt Spaccarelli, iPhone User, Awarded $850 In AT&T Data-Throttling Case
The guy may be a David vs Goliath-type hero to some but he isn't a complete innocent:
Spaccarelli didn't quite uphold his side of the customer contract, and that's one reason his data usage was high. He used the iPhone to provide a link to the Internet for his iPad tablet, a setup known as "tethering." AT&T doesn't allow tethering unless customers pay extra for it, which Spaccarelli didn't do. It detected his tethering last year, and switched him from the "unlimited" plan to a limited one. He complained, and got his "unlimited" plan reinstated.
Even with the tethering, Spaccarelli's data usage wasn't excessive, he said – about 5 gigabytes per month. AT&T's Hartlove told Nadel about the tethering, and Spaccarelli admitted to it.

Yeah the tethering issue from a jail broken state is precedent setting. But trying to redefine "unlimited" is akin to Bill Clinton saying - "it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is...". Simply and "legally" stated: unlimited = unlimited.

:-/

Last edited:
idave23 said:
It's legit. Matt Spaccarelli, iPhone User, Awarded $850 In AT&T Data-Throttling Case
The guy may be a David vs Goliath-type hero to some but he isn't a complete innocent:

That's why I am paying for my Verizon tethering plan for my iPad. It's not so bad paying I save 10.00 per month for 3G data to use my iPad when I don't have access to my personal or friends' personal wifi. Rather than get caught stealing it from them and owe a lot more $$$.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update From NYC iPF.net