What's new

Man Hits iPhone-Playing Teen on Plane

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
man-punches-teen.jpg

KBOI2 News reports today on the cautionary tale of a man called Russell Miller who was arrested on Tuesday night at Boise Airport, Idaho, after punching a 15-year-old boy who refused to turn off his iPhone during a Southwest flight from Las Vegas. According to reports from passengers and flight crew, the teenager was playing games and listening to music on his iPhone when the aircraft started to make its final descent, and the flight crew asked for all powered devices to be switched off. When the boy ignored the request (probably playing Angry Birds), witnesses say that Miller then punched the boy in the arm.

“He punched him so hard there was a mark on the teen’s arm,” said Lt. Kent Lipple, one of the local police who attended the incident. “That gave us probably cause to believe the reports from the other passengers.”

Miller was charged with one count of misdemeanour battery and booked into jail.

Source: Cops: Man punches teen on flight during iPhone kerfuffle | KBOI 2 - Boise News, Weather, Sports and Breaking News Boise, Idaho | Local & Regional

Something about air travel just makes people grumpy. I can see why though, you get charged $50 baggage fees, have to wait in line for an hour or two to get groped by the TSA, and then if there's snow your flight can get delayed. I drive places whenever I can as long as it's not too far.

I still laugh at that story about that flight attendant who got fed up with an angry passenger, told them off over the PA, grabbed a few beers from the fridge and then went sliding down the emergency chute.