What's new

Making Ringtones from WAV files?

angerli

Reaction score
Hello, Friends! I have a new 4S 32Gb and it has some very nice standard ringtones. HOWEVER, My wife and I (she has a 3G 32Gb) want to make our own ringtones from music we have on several CDs.

For instance, we have Eartha Kitt's "Santa Baby" on a CD, and we can edit the song into a 30-sec. short WAV file which would make an ideal Christmas Holiday ringtone. There is NO information I can find in the online 4S User's Guide which addresses getting ringtones from other sources than buying them from the App Store. I previously had a Verizon phone which would accept WAV files, so this sort of thing has been done before.

Is there anyone on the Forum who has successfully created ringtones from non-Apple sources such as .WAV files? Seems that, given the advanced technology embedded in the Apple IOS, there should be some way to accomplish this.

Thanks, everyone!

Sandy and Teri Gerli
Durham, NC

Yeah there is a way to do that. First you need to have the songs off the CD to your computer. Copy all songs to "My musics" folder. Open up iTunes and go to File> Add to library/ then navigate to "My musics" folder and select the musics your want to add to the library. In the process, iTunes will convert your musics into .m4a files, which is the extension iTunes use for it's musics.
Once the transfer of the musics to iTunes is done, connect your iPhone to your iTunes and sync into your iPhone the new musics, after that; on your iPhone go to the app store and download ringtone maker, follow the ringtone maker instruction to crate a ringtone using musics on your iPhone.