What's new

How to Put and Play WMV movies on iPhone 5

PavtubeVideo

Reaction score
Wanna to play WMV files on your iPhone 5? Here you will find the best solution to put and view WMV movies on iPhone 5.

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to play WMV videos on the iPhone 5. I have a bunch of videos that I played on my blackberry but I can't save them and play them on my new iPhone 5. Can anyone help?

In fact, the iPhone 5 can't play .WMV files, and the new iPhone only support the following media formats:

Video formats: HD (*.mp4), H.264 (*.mp4), MPEG-4(*.mp4), MOV, M4V, etc.
Audio formats: MP3, M4A, WAV, etc.

For Windows (Windows 8 included) and Mac users, you may be able to get iTunes to convert them (in the Advanced menu, select Create iPhone or iPod version). If not, you'll have to use a 3rd-party software like Pavtube Video Converter to convert WMV files to iPhone 5. It's not a big hassle for encoding WMV movies for iPhone 5. Below is a simple guide for you.

Preparations:

1. AVI videos stored (externally-downloaded or from other source)
2. Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5 above(including Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Mountain Lion) with 1G Hz or above Intel processor
3. Download and install Pavtube Video Converter for iPhone 5 or its equivalent Mac version.

Overall, the program can be used as an all-in-one video conversion yet ease-to-use app for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S etc. iPhone models, iPad, iPod Touch 5 and more. Besides WMV, it can also help you convert almost all 1080p/720p HD videos including MKV, VOB, MPG, AVI, MTS etc. for your iPhone 5 and other iOS devices with fast encoding speed and high quality. It can also be used as a free iPhone Ringtone Maker which helps you creat M4R Ringtone from your MP3/WMA/MIDI etc. audios, if you're insterested in this yourselft, refer to guide here.

Read More: If you're insterested in encoding or re-encoding your own movies (including DVD, Blu-ray and various formats of HD videos) to iPhone 5 for playback, turn to this page How to Encode Movies to Play on iPhone 5 to learn more.

How to Convert WMV video to iPhone 5

Note that the guide below uses Video Converter for Windows (Including Windows 8) screenshots. The way to re-encoding WMV to iPhone 5 in Mac is almost the same. Please just make sure you've downloaded the right version.

Step 1: Load WMV video to the iPhone Video Converter

Click "Add Video" or "Add Folder" button to load .wmv files, or you can simply drag and drop the files to this program directly. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.

nook-hd-video-converter.jpg

Step 2: Select an output format for iPhone 5

Select iPhone 5 video format from the drop-down profile list of "Format" bar. Here you're recommended to choose "iPhone 5 H.264 HD 720P(*.mp4)" from "iPhone" category. The output videos could fit on the new iPhone 5 perfectly. You can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish.

iphone-5-presets.jpg

Step 3: Convert WMV video to iPhone 5

Click "Convert" button to start converting WMV videos to iPhone 5. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to get the result mp4 videos, add them to iTunes and then sync them to your iPhone 5. Just enjoy the movies!

Editor's Note: If you have any problems when enjoying videos/movies on iPhone 5, you can refer to Pavtube Facebook - iPhone Tips to get solutions or contact with [email protected] / [email protected] to get more information. Of course, you also can leave a message on Pavtube Community.

More about WMV

WMV was developed by Microsoft and was widely used on Windows platforms. A WMV file is generally encapsulated in the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) container format with Windows Media Video codecs encoded. There is also a WMV HD format, which makes it possible to watch high definition movies in 1280x720 (720p) or 1920x1080 (1080p) on personal PC, Xbox 360, and Sony's PlayStation 3. WMV HD videos are also supported by the WMV to iPhone video converter introduced in this article. DRM may also be implemented to WMVM format. You need a DRM removal software[url] like ChewTune to remove the DRM and convert to other formats.