What's new

Mail question

dltang

Reaction score
Here is one I can't quite figure out. I want to send mail from my iphone to one of my groups, such as everyone at work. But of course when I click on that group to send mail, it opens to all the individual contacts. Is there a way to choose the whole group at once to send a single email?

Make a ditrinbution list and that will include al the addresses that you include.

I have my contacts broke down into groups, and I see where you can edit distribution lists. I don't see where I can actually make a distribution list for my group.

on your distribution list, fat fingers spelling last post LOL, what email program? In Outlook it is under "actions".

I am using my gmail account or my work email account but when I compose on my iphone, it goes straight to my contacts. That is not a problem, I have all my contacts in my contact book on my phone and I have them all broken down into the groups that I want. Now I want to be able to just select a group to send one email to from my iphone. I guess I wanted to know, can this be done in the contacts book on the phone without going to something like outlook or an outside source. If not, fine, but I would like to know. Thanks.

on your distribution list, fat fingers spelling last post LOL, what email program? In Outlook it is under "actions".

I am using my gmail account or my work email account but when I compose on my iphone, it goes straight to my contacts. That is not a problem, I have all my contacts in my contact book on my phone and I have them all broken down into the groups that I want. Now I want to be able to just select a group to send one email to from my iphone. I guess I wanted to know, can this be done in the contacts book on the phone without going to something like outlook or an outside source. If not, fine, but I would like to know. Thanks.

Well, I figured it out but it is a pain in the butt. So for $1.99 I downloaded a group distribution app called iEDL. It is easy to set up and you can add contacts either manually or from your contact book on your phone. I am all set now. Thank you for your help though.