What's new

Mail Folders???

jscollin

Reaction score
I just got an iPhone 4, it is running iOS 4.1. First iPhone and I love it! I am wondering if there is a way to add folders to my inbox (for e-mails) on my phone so I can send e-mail I want to keep to different folders? Just like you would do in Outlook on a computer.

Yes, just go on your computer login to your main mail account and create the folders there and they will then show up on your phone.

So do I have to delete the account I created on my phone and import the one from my computer through iTunes if I don't want a duplicated account?

So do I have to delete the account I created on my phone and import the one from my computer through iTunes if I don't want a duplicated account?

Nope, just go to your providers site like att.com if that's who does your email. Setup your folders then reboot your phone. Then when you click on the specific email account they should show up.

I am in Canada with Bell. When I had a Blackberry, they had a website to go to for setting up e-mail addresses but when I changed to iPhone, they told me that it is all done on the phone itself.

I am in Canada with Bell. When I had a Blackberry, they had a website to go to for setting up e-mail addresses but when I changed to iPhone, they told me that it is all done on the phone itself.

The setup is all on the phone but the layout and folders are just emulated from the actual online mail account.

Great it worked. Thanks for your help and patience

Yes, just go on your computer login to your main mail account and create the folders there and they will then show up on your phone.

I tried that. Went to my ISP, created a folder (Hold). Turned off my iPhone4, fired it up but no "Hold" folder was in my e-mail. Even re-syched it in iTunes - nothing. What should I try next?

I too am new to the iphone. There are numerous folders on the my computer but none of them show up on the iphone. Is there something special that needs to be done for a mobile.me imap account?

I have two (2) verizons account on my computer and have folders set up there, but when I have my account on my Iphone 4, I just have my e-mails. I only have sent & Trash none of my folders are on there. I tried uninstalling etc still nothing.
Any suggestions.

Thanks
Wolvie

Try using exchange to see if works for your provider. You can google it to see your exact settings and if it'll work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elmo0901
Could you explain this a little more in detail plz. I really don't understand what you mean on using exchange to see if it works.
Thanks

Elmo0901
Could you explain this a little more in detail plz. I really don't understand what you mean on using exchange to see if it works.
Thanks

Using hotmail, none of my folders came nor were any messages actually deleted when I did so from my phone. Turns out this happens with more than just hotmail and some email accounts can be setup on the phone using the exchange option. I'd google it to check what settings you'd need, that's what I did and now I have access to all my folders and mail deleted off server per my request.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk