What's new

Mahogany SlipWraps for iPhone 4 and iPad

iCrank

Reaction score
Today I received a package in the mail from the site sponsor Slick Wraps. I was fortunate enough to receive a matching set of Slick Wraps for my Verizon iPhone 4 and my AT&T 1st Gen iPad. I'm going to give you a quick review of my wraps, so be patient with me. :D I was surprised by the initial feel, the color is excellent. Okay let's get down and dirty

1. Shipping - Extremely fast, you can say my order was placed Thursday or Friday and the package was inside my mailbox at 12pm PST. today
2. Packaging - truthfully the package wasn't in the best shape due to my mail handler shoving it into a small mail box.
A. iPhone 4 packaging was intact and in a slick wraps box with easy instructions printed on the back..nice. It came with the usual screen protector, wiping cloth, and the slip wrap.
B. iPad wrap was kind of bent out of shape again due to the mail handler. This did not affect the wrap at all, screen protector and wipe came in this package. This did not come with instructions but who needed it anyway. Lol.
3. Okay here came the weird part. I installed the iPad wrap first, starting with the screen protector. With all the careful measurements I made there is a small bubble that I cannot remove for the life of me. Installing the frontal wrap was kind of difficult because it was just a bit bigger than iPad screen. I had to cut a small strip from one of the corners. The back wrap went on with no issues.
4. Now the iPhone 4 wrap went on with no issue. I'm actually surprised how easy it was to put on. I have big fingers and usually things like this are hard for me. I did have one issue with the screen protector and I just left it off. The strips for the side were easy. The cut outs matched the headphone jack, volume keys, silent switch, speaker and mic so perfectly. Nice job slick wraps.
A. The screen protector seemed to collect small particles that I couldn't remove.
5. After a few days I will be able to tell you how the wraps last from normal usage.
I am extremely pleased with the quality of the slick wraps. They went past my expectations. I was expecting a sticker with no appeal but now i have my very own iDevice/s. Adding slick wraps to my iPhone and iPad gave it so much personality. I'm sure people will ask me where did I get the wood replacement covers. I'll just say SlickWraps.com (yu-gi-oh style)Nice. I can't wait to hit the street with my devices. Haha
5/5

*note tthe pictures won't do any justice bc I had to take them with a 2mp but

Attachments

• $image-3455775584.jpg
    $image-3455775584.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 436
  • $image-1048422378.jpg
    $image-1048422378.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 448
darkstar2007 said:
Top notch review iCrank! Your iDevices look great in mahogany btw. :D

Thanks. I don't know about my review though. But it looks good.

iCrank said:
Thanks. I don't know about my review though. But it looks good.

Hey you got their brand name right! :D!! Seriously though it's a good review! I can really attest to review as well. I assumed that this was another vinyl wrap myself when I reviewed the product. I was wrong though! This product feels premium 100%. I've had my wraps for two weeks now and their still staying strong and intact! :D! Even from being in my pocket in this Alabama heat.

darkstar2007 said:
Hey you got their brand name right! :D!! Seriously though it's a good review! I can really attest to review as well. I assumed that this was another vinyl wrap myself when I reviewed the product. I was wrong though! This product feels premium 100%. I've had my wraps for two weeks now and their still staying strong and intact! :D! Even from being in my pocket in this Alabama heat.

Yeah. I have to get use to it. It makes my phone seem like it's brand spanking new.

darkstar2007 said:
i hear ya man! :d i've been looking at the wood series and the maple wrap caught my eye. I'd like to try it out soon! :d

:d. 

Updated photos. Also noticed a small nick right above the silent switch it's no biggie but I love this wrap.

Attachments

• $image-2194053385.jpg
    $image-2194053385.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 452
  • $image-26317430.jpg
    $image-26317430.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 441
  • $image-2222066001.jpg
    $image-2222066001.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 432
  • $image-724851563.jpg
    $image-724851563.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 448
  • $image-4162067551.jpg
    $image-4162067551.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 451
Thanks. On one of the iPad pics you can see where I had to cut a section

Hello...This is my first visit to this thread and i found this post really informative and beneficial.

SlickWraps said:
Thanks a lot iCrank! I am very happy with how this turned out. We don't mind sending out freebies when we get reviews like this!

Andrew

Thank you for sending me the wraps. Anytime. I also referee some friends who thought I had a custom iPhone made out of wood. They couldn't put my phone down.